• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Social Distance...

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
... the order of the day:

distance.jpg

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
That's just "ABBEY" - "ABBEY NORMAL"........

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
waldo.jpg

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
And I'm 1/4 Scottish (a Cameron), so I can post this too. LOL

social distancing tool.jpg
Or a banjo?

Popeye

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Being an alum of the only US school to offer a major in bagpiping, I have heard lots - and must say I quite like the bagpipes! (I am not a player myself, I stayed on the engineering side of campus).

Having said that, they are quite loud up close - social distancing is mandatory!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Being an alum of the only US school to offer a major in bagpiping, I have heard lots - and must say I quite like the bagpipes! (I am not a player myself, I stayed on the engineering side of campus).

Having said that, they are quite loud up close - social distancing is mandatory!

Ah yes, bagpipes, the missing link between music and noise. :grin:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
The crack came from a piper I worked with years ago - he had a million of them. (jokes not pipes)

two other favourites

1. A lady came up to me and said "I love the pipes, they always make me cry." He replied, "I know, I've heard pipers like that too."

2. God bless Scotland for giving us the bagpipes and the four tunes that go with them.

In terms of the marching, imagining the sound and pipers coming out of the fog during war you can see why the Black Watch Regiment were called the Ladies from **** by the Germans in WWI.

On a related note, one of my very favourite comedians Danny Bhoy

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Hey,I respect accordions!

I was told that the reason we have bagpipes is to
play at Firefighters funerals.

charlie74

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Q: what is the difference between bagpipes and an onion?

A: no one cries when you cut up bagpipes!

keep well all,
C74

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Imagine if you will....a quartet: A Bagpipe, and Accordian, a Banjo and a Kazoo.

No problem. The bagpipe will cover up the accordion, banjo, *and* kazoo. (and the Airbus 320 flying overhead ...)

Country flag
As a small town raised guy, years ago when my maternal grandmother passed and a few years later my father, we had a piper for both services. Made quite an impression in a 4500 or so person Ohio country town. But one of the things I'll never forget about their final sendoffs.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Mike - thanks for the good words on pipes. I've been a fan of them since junior high, maybe because I'm a MacNaughton on my father's side. We fought *against* the Bruce back in the 1300s, changed sides too late, but we're still around.

Tom M.