• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

On Stocking up in the age of COVID-19

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
“Panicked people buy TP, prepared people buy beans… but at some point those two things have to come together!”

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
My neighbor went to a Walgreens to get cough medicine for his 85 yr old Mom. Some idiot man had 28 bottles of cough syrup in his cart. Neighbor asked why so many and the guy said it was his right. Well,.the caart wound up falling over, neighbor got a bottle and the manager was going to call Police. Neighbor explained he has neuropathy in his feet and tripped over the cart. Manager checked his one bottle out and all was well. Moral of story, don't be afraid to fight for what your family needs.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Greed sure comes out at times like this.
A bright spot? Our "New Seasons" is now going to designate the first hour of the store opening each day for senior citizens.

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
The major chains re doing it in the St. Louis area. Now the seniors can grab everything in spite of the younger panics.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Everyone must have taken up baking. Our Kroger store was completely out of flour. They had TP but no flour.

The meat department looked a bit thin on the shelf. People seemed to be in a bit of a daze. That may have been the parents having to shop with their school age kids in tow.

David

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Everyone must have taken up baking. Our Kroger store was completely out of flour. ...

David

David - something I noticed over a month ago. Here the stores barely carry flour at all. Store manager said they reduced their baking supplies inventory, as "no one buys it - and young people don't want to bake anyway. Maybe just pancake mix".

The trend against baking, coupled with a sudden run on supplies - frustrating.

Tom M.

CaptRandy

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Back in the 70's while stationed on a remote lighthouse at sea we would order our supplies for a month at at time. First time for me to order came up and having shopped at the PX in the past TP came in packs of 12 so I ordered 5 packs but no one told me that the boxes that the supply depot would send would be 144 rolls. Try storing that many rolls on a lighthouse.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Try storing that many rolls on a lighthouse.

It's a lighthouse! a tall round cylinder - one on top of each other - duh. :grin: :jester:

Like this:

28780bed831dbfdf32a25dfa43062604.jpg

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
trap.jpg

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I was at the post office today,& the clerk told me that people
were mailing toilet paper.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Back in the 70's while stationed on a remote lighthouse at sea we would order our supplies for a month at at time. First time for me to order came up and having shopped at the PX in the past TP came in packs of 12 so I ordered 5 packs but no one told me that the boxes that the supply depot would send would be 144 rolls. Try storing that many rolls on a lighthouse.

Which lighthouse were you stationed at?

Country flag
You know, I'm glad I ran low on TP about a week before all this broke and had already stocked back up before I had to maybe fight for it.

You know,

You never talk about a smell in TP club...

Brad-Pitt-TP.jpg