• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Whatever happened to Paul Rego?

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Did I miss something? He used to post hear regularly.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
He hasn't been on here in eons. I just shot him an email - will see if he replies.

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I came across his phone number,& thought about
giving him a call,but figured I'd better find out if he's OK first.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Just checked the obituary, and the details and photo don't seem to match the Paul Rego I knew 15 years ago. Certainly not definite, but the Paul who helped me on my TR3 back then didn't look like the Paul in the photo; I think the Paul I knew was around 50 15 years ago.

https://www.silvafaria.com/obituary/paul-rego

Seems the best way to check would be to contact other TR owners in the area clubs. Rego is a common name in the SE Connecticut / Rhode Island / SE Mass area.
Tom M.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
He sold the TR8 and was thinking of doing the same with his 6.
He hasn't communicated a lot on the 6 Pack and I think he is just enjoying retirement

Last edited:

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
I will check the BMCNE Folks. I think he may have been a member. This is Brosky, right. The gentleman in the obituary is not him. I don’t believe Paul was a union laborer. We had corresponded several years ago. I seem to remember that he was getting out of the hobby.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Good to hear that the obit wasn't his. If anyone talks to him let him know he's missed here and we'd love to have him pop in once in a while - no TR required.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I will check the BMCNE Folks. I think he may have been a member. This is Brosky, right. The gentleman in the obituary is not him. I don’t believe Paul was a union laborer. We had corresponded several years ago. I seem to remember that he was getting out of the hobby.

Yes, his forum name was Brosky.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
UPDATE: I finally got a reply from Paul. He is alive and well but has just been occupied with other things of late and not as engaged with his British iron as in days past.

He did say he would try to pop in and say hello when he has a chance (if he doesn't, we shall visit him in the small hours and put a bat up his night dress).