• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Public Service Announcement from Fido

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
IMG_8679.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
The CONE OF SHAME!!!

Turnabout is fair play.

Wash your hands... err... paws.

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
People are going crazy in the D.C. area. It's like Black Friday -- huge crowds charging to get hand sanitizer. Never mind that the other guy also needs it to help prevent the spread of the disease. At one of the local supermarkets, some guy was hording a bunch right in front of my 85 year old mother just as they were stocking the shelves. I think he felt bad and "allowed" her to take the two she wanted.

I've lost two gigs, so far, and that's pretty light compared to the way some other musicians are getting pummeled. Never seen anything quite like this in 30+ years working as a professional musician.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
A quandary: if the COVID-19 corona virus remains undetectable for at least five days before developing symptoms ... then how does any test show the presence of the virus *before* the symptoms appear?

So if someone has been exposed, but still doesn't have symptoms, a negative test won't prevent the spread through contact with the infected person.

And if a test shows positive, it proves you have the virus. But there's no specific treatment for the virus, so it's treated like any other virus (the common cold, seasonal influenza, etc.).

Details of the test: https://medlineplus.gov/lab-tests/coronavirus-testing/

There is no specific treatment for this specific virus. You treat the symptoms like you treat the symptoms of any virus infection.

Tom M.
OK - back to my cave.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Country flag
Good one. Now I just need to know the definition of elderly to see if I should be scared about all this. I know I am not very young, and I feel pretty healthy, but am afraid that some people might think I am elderly.

Well I apparently am, the state of Ohio told me so a couple years ago now with a nice little letter and my "senior" discount card. If you can't trust a faceless bureaucracy, who can you trust to tell you what you are...

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Good one. Now I just need to know the definition of elderly to see if I should be scared about all this. I know I am not very young, and I feel pretty healthy, but am afraid that some people might think I am elderly.
It all depends on whether you want a "senior discount" or an excuse to avoid going to an event.

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Thank you.
My wife said "That is hilarious could I put it on my face book page". I did not want to publish it without asking if it was your creation.

David