• NOTICE: This "Forum Navigation Questions" forum is only for asking questions related to navigating this web site. DO NOT post car-related questions here., For car-related questions, use the appropriate marque-related forum.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Login problem need help

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Basil,

Since last Friday I have not been able to get BCF. For years I have just used britishcarforum.com and it worked fine. Last week you had me clear cookies to get the secure server and that worked. I also used https://britishcarforum.com and that worked. Since Friday, either one just gives me a blank screen. I was starting to exhibit severe withdrawal symptoms. Today I finally tried a google search for the forum and clicked one of the links. Using https://britishcarforum.com/bcf/content.php I can finally get in. what has gone wrong and how can I fix it? That is a awful lot to type into the location bar without making a mistake.

Bayless

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
This is weird. You should be able to just type in britishcarforum.com and it should re-direct to https://.... I'm going to need to do some more troubleshooting.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Basil,

Since last Friday I have not been able to get BCF. For years I have just used britishcarforum.com and it worked fine. Last week you had me clear cookies to get the secure server and that worked. I also used https://britishcarforum.com and that worked. Since Friday, either one just gives me a blank screen. I was starting to exhibit severe withdrawal symptoms. Today I finally tried a google search for the forum and clicked one of the links. Using https://britishcarforum.com/bcf/content.php I can finally get in. what has gone wrong and how can I fix it? That is a awful lot to type into the location bar without making a mistake.

Bayless

Why not go to the link you show above, ( Using https://britishcarforum.com/bcf/content.php I can finally get in.) then just bookmark the page it takes you to? Then you don't have to type it again.
Tom M.

OP
Bayless

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Basil, whatever it was, either you fixed it or it fixed itself. Today it works like it always did. Tom, I don't usually use bookmarks cause there are only a few places I visit and that is just one more step. I let firefox remember and usually can get there by just entering the first letter. It takes firefox a while to learn a new entry. Anyway, it works now. Thanks guys.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I hope it's fixed. I did some fiddling with the redirect settings which I hope have solved the issues.

OP
Bayless

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Still seems fine so I think you got it. That's why you get the beg bucks Boss.

OP
Bayless

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Oops, another typo :eeek::popworm: