• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

How to deal with long lines during COVID:

• Thread starter Deleted member 8987
  • Start date

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
:highly_amused:

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

As a follow-up:
View attachment 62496

NO traffic yesterday. MS, Amazon, Oracle, everybody has directed work from home. 26 schools are now closed for two weeks in district north of us, doing cyber-school on da cloud. Six year olds with i-pads.
Church e-mailed us yesterday, no services or meetings for two weeks. CDC still thinks 14 days, but we'll see.
Some places are not closing, but we expect that to change this weekend.
At least the panic buying has slowed if not stopped....especially since someone got the news clowns to stop with the sensationalism.

If this upsets somebody, tough. Not political, don't care what you THINK you're hearing....LifeCare Kirkland is five blocks from the St. Arbucks (starbucks) I went to AGAIN this morning. Call it "epicenter".

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

edit: No longer 26 schools in one district closed. ALL are now closed for 14 days.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
The way my district operates they wouldn't cancel school unless kids started dying and only then because they'd be afraid of getting sued.

Last edited:
OP
D

Deleted member 8987

Oddly, the school district that the LifeCare facility is smack dab in the middle of has closed...no schools at all,
My granddaughter doing remote learning:View attachment 62527

Country flag
I worry the most about the facility where my mother is, 86 and fading physical health. Not healped by the fact that the new owners are in major cost cutting mode forcing out trained staff and replacing them with minimum wage type folks.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I worry the most about the facility where my mother is, 86 and fading physical health. Not healped by the fact that the new owners are in major cost cutting mode forcing out trained staff and replacing them with minimum wage type folks.

That is the demographic most at risk.

Country flag
Yep, I know. One brother and I live within easy distance since she wanted to stay where we grew up, family goes back near 200 years there on her side. So we are there checking on her and the place every week. The ones I really feel for are those who get few or no visitors and are desperate for any contact. Not unusual for me to stop and speak to any number in the halls coming and going. And who knows, when my journey ends someday, I might need those positive karma points...

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
... The ones I really feel for are those who get few or no visitors and are desperate for any contact. Not unusual for me to stop and speak to any number in the halls coming and going ...

Bravo to you Mike.

Interesting comment on "nursing homes", from the 1930s:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0023049/

In one segment, an aged woman rebels against loneliness and nursing home restrictions.

Tom M.

Country flag
I can't really take the credit for it, my parents and maternal grandmother turned my brothers and I into who we are today. My mom in particular I remember at my father's funeral years ago collecting names and where they were of people the family knew who couldn't attend due to their own health issues so she could send cards and letter so they knew they weren't forgotten. So that was the type example I was given as a child to now of how to behave towards others.

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

This is jumping from nursing and care facility to facility.

REALLY looks like employee (not likely) or delivery/service person.

No word...like nobody is putting those together.

Out of original 150 or so at epicenter facility, 10 or 11 have died, 50+ sick.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag

Who's NOT putting this together?!? Delivery surfaces, personnel... seems fairly straightforward. Alcohol, soap and water, it's a bug travelling in wet enviorns. Deny that 'chain' and it dies. JMHO.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold

I'm having trouble finding any news that shows it's spreading from care facility to care facility in Kirkland.

Could you point me to some details on that?
Thanks.
Tom M.

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

https://patch.com/washington/kirkla...ses-10-wa-nursing-homes-2-more-deaths-tuesday

According to Seattle and King County Public Health, residents or employees at 10 King County long-term care facilities have now tested positive for the virus:

• Life Care Center of Kirkland
  • Issaquah Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
  • Emerald Heights
  • Aegis Living at Marymoor
  • Redmond Care & Rehabilitation Center
  • Ida Culver House Ravenna
  • Boulevard Park Place Active Retirement Community
  • Madison House Independent & Assisted Living Community
  • The Gardens at Juanita Bay
  • Columbia Lutheran Home

Not one of those residents traveled anywhere.
Started in Kirkland, the Issaquah, Redmond, Seattle....spreading outwards.
Chances of employees moonlighting in various places are slim.
No news, government, anybody has said anything about how this is spread. Just look, the real only common denominator is someone who has access to all these facilities.
Unless somebody is driving through the parking lots with a spray truck....like the old DDT trucks of old.

LifeCare is less than 1/2 mile east of my local St. Arbucks....The Gardens is right where I turn into St. Arbucks. I know folks at Emerald Heights.

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

Press Conference.....lot of it was in those links.

Estimating 64K cases by end of month.
Banned sporting events, church meetings, social gatherings of 250 or more, 250 or less the organizers need to meet health department requirements (whatever that is).
ALL schools in three counties need to prepare NOW for mandatory closure.