• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Squashed Bug

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Ow!

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://livedoor.blogimg.jp/rabitsokuhou/imgs/d/d/dd8e8334.gif

[/FONT]

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
The little buggers are tougher than you might think. I have two friends who have owned VWs when the crankshaft actually broke in two and they still ran. One of them was actually a Volkswagen mechanic at the time.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I remember having a '64 bug that had the entire rocker assembly break off on one side (and they were known for having studs snap)... and drove the car home with just 2 pistons working on one side. Opens up the rocker/valve cover and all those guts fell right out.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Ow!

https://livedoor.blogimg.jp/rabitsokuhou/imgs/d/d/dd8e8334.gif

And that,boys & girls,is why you always park your vehicle
well away from the tree you're cutting down.
We used to see pickups with damage like that.Redwood trees
can do a number on one.

D

Deleted member 8987

Used to have a photo of an early bus worse than that. Two of my brothers were driving up a new section of freeway, in a bypass while they were finishing the overpass. Slid, went off the road...one brother driving, the other lounging in middle seat.
Hit a pole about where that one is hit, but harder. Found the brother in the middle sitting on the grass..no idea how he got there. Bus was so bad you pushed down on the front bumper, rear wheels came clear off the ground.