• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

This just came up from the You Tube rabbit hole.

Country flag
I love the fact we can get exposed to so many things from all over the world that might not have been considered commercially viable had they only had the old route of a demo sent to a record company.

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
Yes, YouTube rabbithole is a great description, there is so much out there, old things I have almost forgotten, and totally new things like this. That was fun.

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
My wife listens to Henry Mancinis version on loop when she naps.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I'm no where near to being a professional guitar player but I couldn't listen to it because of all the terrible squeaking. I took lessons for a couple of years and my teacher was a professional and he would not abide that one bit.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
It is a combination of technique and the mic being too close. I only listened to the opening and it sounded like there was really only one of the guys that was guilty. As far as it sounding more authentic it sounds like someone needs to go back and learn how to play. I know I am being a dick about it but there is no good excuse for a professional to do it; squeaking is my pet peeve in guitar music.

Last edited:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Walt said:
I know I am being a dick about it but there is no good excuse for a professional to do it; squeaking is my pet peeves in guitar music

LIFT between fret changes. Must agree, Walter.

Find a "zip" in
THIS!

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Doc, Carlos Montoya was a man who knew his way around the guitar, nothing the man did was accidental.

Trevor Triumph

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I saw Carlos Montoya in Cleveland, Ohio about 1960 then in Wickenburg, Arizona in 1983. What a player. The tapping the the guitar body adds a bit of percussion. T.T.

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
As one of the comments states, fast and clean

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Django is one of my all time favorite guitar players, and yes very clean.

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
His left hand ring and little finger are paralyzed.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Yup, from a fire. You can really tell when watching him play but you'll never hear it if you just listen. He was also an inspiration to Tony Iommi when he lost the tips of two fingers on his right hand and at first thought he'd have to quit playing.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
As a former trumpet player, I have to wonder how that thing even works. Hard to see for sure but it looks like it just has some holes something like a flute.