• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Newish member, first post

Pat MM

Country flag
I've been lurking on the site for a while and now I'm trying to post!
I got inspired to post as I was talking today to a recent convert to British cars and was telling him about this forum. It was good to see that enthusiasm.
I've got a couple, uh, maybe two and one half LBC car projects. And a 70 year old fixer house that needs paint again.
I bought a Morris Minor Traveller (Woody) a couple years ago that is much more of a project than I thought, (aren't they all!) but the wood is decent and not much rot, so it has good bones. Unfortunately, everyone who modified it in the past did it no favors, to put it kindly. Then it sat for 35 years or so, then the PO I got it from got it running, sorta.
For the last forty years I've owned my 2nd British car, a Sprite that gets out of the garage on occasion, then I'm reminded of why it's always there. It needs everything, but it always has! I just didn't care when it was my only runner & daily driver.
On the way back burner is a MkI Ford Fiesta, German built with a 1600 Kent. Maybe that engine needs to go in the Traveller some day to replace the Datsun engine & automatic that is poorly hung underneath.

So that's about it for my self introduction.

Pat

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Pat - welcome to BCF. That MM sounds like a nightmare, with various people making their "improvements". I had a TR like that once. I retired back in 2003 and decided to get back into old cars (my first was a '55 Jaguar Mark VII while in college). What's the first car you're going to get up to the North Bay club events?

Tom M.

OP
P

Pat MM

Country flag
Thanks Tom. I've got many of the issues addressed on the Traveller, except I need to replace every gasket and seal in the engine & trans, then there's the wiring, my weakness! It's a disaster. Oh, I almost forgot; I need to replace both the front brake lines since some PO routed them under the shock arms!!! (Where the bump stops are supposed to be... insane!)

Today I'd have to say my wife's Karmann Ghia is the go to for the North Bay Brit car club drives. We used to take it to the Packard club drives with my brother in his '40 110 sedan.

Pat