• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Trivia Question

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
This month's Trivia Contest contained an automobile question. Here it is. What American car sold over One Million units in 1965 - one of the largest on record. Make and model.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
My W.A.G: a long Chevy... Bel Air or Impala. One, the economy model, the other the 'better' one. I'll go with Bel Air.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I’d guess Ford Mustang

That was my first "gut reaction" guess but thought 1965 was too soon for it. The Mustang was only in production for a few months then. And also figger'd it to be a trick question. I just cheated...

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I agree that it is probably a Chevy product but I'm not sure which one it would be. I think the Impala would have outsold the BelAir just because of the price difference back then.

OP
P

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Answer - Chevy Impala. Our team had two automotive "experts". We of course said Ford Mustang. Good guesses. I think only one table got it right. One of their players was a former manager for GM.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Ya had a ringer as an opponent!!