• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Conclave 2020

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I'm going--arriving Monday.
I know Randy Forbes will be there but who else?

OP
Michael Oritt

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I'll be arriving mid-day Monday, hopefully in time for the car show and hope we get to meet. Always nie to put a face to a name.

CharlesBN1

Freshman Member
Dad spent the past weekend finishing up installation of the new Robbins top on his 100 - not an easy task. This will be the first conclave we've been to and I'm curious how most attendees will get their cars there - do they trailer them or drive them? Seems it would be a nerve-wracking drive in a freshly restored BN1 from metro Atlanta to the Tampa Bay area (80 mph/I-75 traffic, tractor-trailers, rocks, etc,,) so if dad takes his car he'll likely trailer it.

Attachments

• IMG_0828.jpg
    IMG_0828.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0829.jpg
    IMG_0829.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0831a.jpg
    IMG_0831a.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Bob McElwee

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
Well, if I was going from Atlanta I'd check with the Atlanta chapter of the AHCA to see if anyone is driving and what route they are taking. I know there are some two lane roads that can be taken to the Conclave from Atlanta. We've been to 20+ Conclaves and have driven a Healey to all but a few.

Country flag
In the process of moving to palm harbor right now. Will be about an hour south of the conclave, hope to have time to get up there!

healey106

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I hope to be there on Sunday. I actually have a very interesting full page newspaper photo of the Healey 100 owned by Alex Tweedie from the Daytona Beach Morning Journal of 2/13/57. If anyone might be interested?:driving:

Would you believe, I actually had Donald sign this newspaper page back in 1982 at Encounter in Trevose PA
:driving:

OP
Michael Oritt

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Jim--

Though events may yet overtake plans and cause the cancellation of Conclave, at this point I am still hoping to attend and I will of course be driving my 100 which is the subject of the article.
You were kind enough to send me a reprint of it a few years back and since I had it laminated I will try to remember to bring it along and perhaps display it at the Popular Car Show.

Country flag
For those of you not yet aware, Conclave 2020 has not yet been canceled, the organizers preferring to take a wait and see approach...

This is a copy of the email I received a few days ago, I hope Mr. Bill doesn't mind me posting it here.

Dear Conclave registrant,
Anyone who hosts a Conclave worries about all of the issues related to registration, lodging, travel, the program, and finances among other factors, but I must admit I never thought about a pandemic creating a problem for our host club or the Conclave attendees! Particularly, given the recent statistics about the spread of the virus in the United States, the fact that many organizations are cancelling events involving large crowds and, of course, the age cohort in which many Healey owners are found, you are no doubt wondering about the status of Conclave.
Nothing is more important than the safety of all involved with Conclave. I hope it goes without saying that we do not want, in any way, to jeopardize the health and well-being of any attendees. As the evidence of virus spread here and abroad mounts, and based on the advice of medical experts, it would be prudent to cancel or postpone Conclave if it were to be held in the next few weeks. However, because Conclave is still two months away we are inclined to take a way-and-see approach for the time being and closely monitor conditions as they unfold. In the meantime we will consult with the management of our host hotel, The Plantation on Crystal River, with the National leadership of the AHCA, and also study what options may exist for rescheduling the event if it becomes necessary.
We are well aware that you have made travel plans and that they are not made in isolation. That is, there are events and activities that precede and follow Conclave that affect your decisions. As such, we know that you would prefer to know the future status of Conclave 2020 sooner rather than later. We will balance that need with the evolving news regarding the disease and with the management and administration of the Conclave, and ultimately make a decision as soon as practical.
We will communicate any changes in Conclave status on the Event-Wizard Conclave 2020 website under “BREAKING NEWS” and I will also email you directly when we reach a decision point. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Bill Borja
President
Tampa Bay AHC

Country flag
As of an hour ago...

Dear Conclave registrant,
As events have continued to unfold regarding the Covid-19 virus, we now find that the most prudent course available to us is to cancel Conclave 2020. I regret that this is the case because I know how much the Healey faithful look forward to our annual gathering, and I also know first-hand how hard many members of the Tampa Bay AHC have worked to plan for what would have been an outstanding Conclave. Unfortunately, Florida weather combined with the existing schedule of other Healey-related events precludes us from postponing and rescheduling Conclave 2020.
I engaged the AHCA leadership in making this decision. As I said in my email last week, the safety of our membership must be the priority and it was the leading factor contributing to the cancellation. While I know many of you will be disappointed, and some may even disagree, I hope that all will recognize that we have reached this decision with the health and well being of our registrants in mind.
We have not yet worked out the details of how we will make refunds, but we will do so in short order and then be back in touch with you. I ask for your patience and cooperation as we work through this. I would suggest that you go ahead and contact the Plantation on Crystal River to cancel lodging reservations you may have made. They may be reached at 800-632-6262.
Bill Borja
President
Tampa Bay AHC

OP
Michael Oritt

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
As of an hour ago...

Yes and though I am disappointed I am not surprised.
Bummer as I was so looking forward to it now that there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO ANYWHERE!!!!

roscoe

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
You make me doubt that you really have a Healey 100......there must be something that needs attention.:smile-new:

steveg

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
As of an hour ago...

Bummer as I was so looking forward to it now that there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO ANYWHERE!!!!

My Healey's in the body shop for at least another couple of weeks; it's raining and I'm doing the wuflu hunker. I FEEL YOUR PAIN.

Country flag
As of an hour ago...

I get it, other than an annual All British car show every other year__they have the show every year, but circumstances...__I've only been to two (2) Healey events; Cypress Gardens in 1985, and a Healey Rendezvous (?) in San Rafael, 1978. I was looking forward to this one too, especially being so close to home!