Thread: Hello from Los Angeles

Hey New Members! This New Member Introduction Forum is where you can post an introduction message to introduce yourself to the group here!

Freshman Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello from Los Angeles

My name is Matt Hunter and as of 4 months ago I became the owner of an Austin Healey. I own a 1959 Austin-Healey Bugeye Sprite MkI in Olde English White with a red interior. This car used to be my grandfather's beloved British sports car. However he sold it about 20 years ago without consulting the family. He had it all while I was growing up and I loved that car.

Unfortunately my grandfather has passed, but about six months ago I tracked down the buyer in Mississippi, bought the car back from him, and had it shipped out here. It hadn't been running for about seven years and the owner had repainted to English White from the original Iris Blue. Now, I've managed to get it running and drivable, but it certainly is not without its problems.

I'm very new to car restoration so I will definitely be looking to this forum for help!

Jedi Trainee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Re: Hello from Los Angeles

Welcome Mat to the forum. In here you'll have lots of help, reassurance, support, but most of all fun! I appreciate your heartfelt story; it's all part of life's rich adventures. Irus blue is a great color for the bug-eye. White with flash red interior is very sporty! Post pics when you have a chance. I live in South Orange County and there's lots of Healey owners (big and small). Hope to see you on the road! GONZO

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

Re: Hello from Los Angeles

Glad to have you aboard, Matt! We have a special foroum for Sprites - the Spridgets forum (for Sprites and Midgets)
    “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.” - Oscar Wilde