• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello from Los Angeles

Matt Hunter

Freshman Member
My name is Matt Hunter and as of 4 months ago I became the owner of an Austin Healey. I own a 1959 Austin-Healey Bugeye Sprite MkI in Olde English White with a red interior. This car used to be my grandfather's beloved British sports car. However he sold it about 20 years ago without consulting the family. He had it all while I was growing up and I loved that car.

Unfortunately my grandfather has passed, but about six months ago I tracked down the buyer in Mississippi, bought the car back from him, and had it shipped out here. It hadn't been running for about seven years and the owner had repainted to English White from the original Iris Blue. Now, I've managed to get it running and drivable, but it certainly is not without its problems.

I'm very new to car restoration so I will definitely be looking to this forum for help!

gonzo

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
Welcome Mat to the forum. In here you'll have lots of help, reassurance, support, but most of all fun! I appreciate your heartfelt story; it's all part of life's rich adventures. Irus blue is a great color for the bug-eye. White with flash red interior is very sporty! Post pics when you have a chance. I live in South Orange County and there's lots of Healey owners (big and small). Hope to see you on the road! GONZO

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Glad to have you aboard, Matt! We have a special foroum for Sprites - the Spridgets forum (for Sprites and Midgets)