• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Guy

cdumke

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hello everyone. My name is Carver Dumke and I just purchased a 1967 BJ8. Its a true barn find. I have never owned a Healey before but have always admired them. Before kids I owned a 1967 E Type so I'm familiar with Phillip Lucas, Prince of Darkness. While I've owned a number of interesting cars over the years, I prefer to wash and wax them as opposed to total restoration. I suspect it will be a long time before I get to that stage with the Healey. It sat in the barn I found it in for 20-34 years depending on which story I believe. Either way, I'm looking at significant work before its at least a driver. In any event, the mystery starts to be solved tomorrow when the car finally comes home.

Where found 1.jpg

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Wow! That's quite a find! PS. I'm guessing you took that picture with an iPhone (for some reason iPhone pictures sometimes flip 90-degrees). I'll try to fix the picture for you.

Welcome to BCF!

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Carver

Welcome to the forum.

That is a great find.

The AH section will be a great help on your way to back to it being a driver.

David

OP
C

cdumke

Freshman Member
Country flag
Thanks Basil. Yes, it was an IPhone. As I research parts, I'm finding there were a couple versions of more than one part. SU rebuild kits, intake manifolds and more.

OP
C

cdumke

Freshman Member
Country flag
Thanks David. She's finally home and the hunt for parts is on. I have found Moss Motors and Victoria British. Would recommend one over the other, or any other sources?

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Also, SNG, XKs, and Ebay.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Carver

I was going to say The Roadster Factory or Rimmer Brothers but I notice both do not seem to carry AH parts.
There is a company in Australia that does steel parts and they do AH parts. I have got parts from them and been very happy with their quality. They can be slow replying to e mails but come through in the end.

http://www.kas-kilmartin.com.au

The AH section would be a good place to get advice on parts suppliers.

David