• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Clutch fluid

Country flag
So my bugeye drove home the other day with no problem. The next morning no clutch and master empty. Where to start? We’re moving to the gulf coast in two weeks and I was just going to drive it over

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Any puddles under the master? Look under dash at rod area and check boot for leaks. Then under clutch for puddles. If fluid is lost, has to be dripping of flung somewhere.

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Or just maybe a slow leak and you ran out of fluid. Too it up, bleed the clutch, and pack an extra can or two of brake fluid. More important you are sharing that reservoir with your brakes. It might be a leaky wheel cylinder. Hey where are you moving. A few good KBC Shops in Tampa area.

OP
longbridgehealey
Country flag
Thanks guys, trying to fit it into the schedule, I really don’t want to trailer it over.
Jim, I tried to send you a message when you moved to FL, but I guess my forum message skills aren’t the greatest! I’ll get in touch when we get over there, maybe you can connect me with some of those shops. I was talking to a few of the folks from the Tampa Bay Healey club on Saturday (they did a run to The Villages monthly car show. Dave (?), I think his name was, the President, mentioned that you were a transplanted northerner who was now a member. Take care,
Larry

Last edited:

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Larry lots of LBC activity down here. Unfortunately most of the activity is over across the Bay in St Pete or Clearwater. You need to drive up close to Crystal River to get some elevation changes but there are quite a few backroads you can get lost in if you drive towards the center if the state and Southeast. So where are you moving to, what area?

OP
longbridgehealey
Country flag
Hi Jim, moving to Palm Harbor, south of Tarpon Springs and just north of Dunedin. Ten minutes from Courtney Campbell causeway. I think we will be across the bay from you.

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Larry, about an hour away with good traffic. Kate and I got a chance to check out Dunedin a few weeks ago. Next Artsy Community. Great Metal Working Shop there that they can turn out just about anything or if you need help with removing that broken bolt. Even a Bridgeport Milling machine you can get access to. Great Mexican Resturant in town by the Park in town. We really like that area. Tampa Bay Austin Healey Club meets on 2nd Saturday 8:00 am at Daddy’s Grilke in Oldsmar and
the Tampa Bay British Car Club meets at Paradise Diner in Safety Harbor 6:00 pm on 1st Thursday. You will be right in the heart of a tremendous amount of LBC Activity. Hey drop me a note when you get here and I can get you connected. Both groups have websites and there are quite a number of social events and drives. Unfortunately most are not on this side of Tampa Bay. It’s easier to get to Sarasota than over to your area. Welcome.

OP
longbridgehealey
Country flag
Great, thanks! Will be in touch.