• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Looks ain't everything

fastnf

Freshman Member
Hi all, my name is Ian and a couple of years ago I lucked into my 1969 etype. It originally was in California, and came up to Canada in 1984, and stayed with that owner until I acquired it. However, little maintenance was done in those years, so anything rubber needs replacing, as does the clutch, and several other components. I'm gathering what parts I need, and at some point will take a deep breath and start the rebuild. Looking forward to reading posts and learning what I can, and sharing what I learn.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    22.7 KB · Views: 26

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Ian - welcome to BCF. Looks ain't everything - for sure.

You are a lucky man to have such a great looking car. That is the true classic of the 60s, I think. How'd you get interested in having one?

Here's our Jaguar area when you're ready to post some questions.

https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/forumdisplay.php?15-Jaguar

Tom M.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Ian

Welcome to the forum.

Great looking E Type.
Is it on the road or a project in waiting?
You need to check out the Jaguar section of the forum where you will get plenty of tips and advice for your E Type.
The pub is an area of the forum where almost anything comes yp for discussion.

David

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome to the BCF, Ian! That car brings back some memories! This is a picture of the 67 Etype I owned in high school (no, I didn't have a rich daddy - I bought it myself). This is as it looks today - it is now owned by a man in Denver.

Tan Jag-8.jpg

I have a different 67 Etype today - a Silver-Blue roadster.

OP
F

fastnf

Freshman Member
Ian - welcome to BCF. Looks ain't everything - for sure.

You are a lucky man to have such a great looking car. That is the true classic of the 60s, I think. How'd you get interested in having one?

Here's our Jaguar area when you're ready to post some questions.

https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/forumdisplay.php?15-Jaguar

Tom M.

Hi Tom,
I heard this great sound one day and just caught a glimpse of the car leaving our bay. Eventually, found out it belonged to my neighbor, and after chatting/discussing for about 5 years, he agreed to sell. So I'm the caretaker for now. It was repainted in a garage in the 80's, so I don't have to worry about scratches and dings, just drive it and enjoy. Thanks for the interest and the link! Ian

OP
F

fastnf

Freshman Member
Hi David,

It's great looking from 20 feet! A repaint in the 80s was not the best, but that means I drive it a fair bit. Still a work in progress, as suspension bushings, motor mounts, (any thing rubber) needs replacing, so drive it gingerly for now. Thanks for the tip on where to find jag info. Ian

OP
F

fastnf

Freshman Member
Thanks, Basil. I appreciate you administering the forum; I find forums are great sources of information, tips and fellow enthusiasts. I love the roadsters as well; there is always debate about which model has the nicer lines. My coupe at least has air (once I get it working, lol), so that will help on the hot days. Ian

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Thanks, Basil. I appreciate you administering the forum; I find forums are great sources of information, tips and fellow enthusiasts. I love the roadsters as well; there is always debate about which model has the nicer lines. My coupe at least has air (once I get it working, lol), so that will help on the hot days. Ian

Even though I currently own a roadster, I have always felt the coupe was the best looking by far.