• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A Quiet

Jayplum

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Hush Mat or Dynamat???

Ease of installation and effective sound/hear insulation???

My TR3 is down to bear metal and I know once this stuff is down it is down for good. Want to make the right choice.

STeve 1958

Jedi Hopeful
I used Kilmat 50 mil. It was easy and works. They also have 80 mil. I hear Dynamite is hard to work with but this may be because it is thicker and less stretchy. I would put the best stuff over the hump and on the firewall. Then maybe the cheaper stuff on the rest of the interior. Or put too layers at a few key locations.

Steve

OP
Jayplum

Jayplum

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Thanks. I’ve heard the same about Dynamat. Although those same folks say it’s the best.

M_Pied_Lourd

Darth Vader
Country flag
Fat Mat.

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
I just don’t wear my hearing aids. :wink-new:

TomMull

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
I left the transmission cover flange bare so that it can be easily removed. I used a bit of felt to cover the seam. Seems to work OK. Tom

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
+1 on Fat Mat.

I have no idea what it would sound like or feel like with out it but I did feel the sound and heat when I was testing my new OD and it makes a big difference.

It was easy to install and sticks well.

David
FatMat.jpg