• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Fred from Burnside, KY

FWescoe

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi,

I'm Fred and I lost my 63 BJ7 several years ago in a house fire where I lost everything and I do mean lost everything. When I moved to my current home, I had only a duffle bag in the trunk of my Audi A6, that was it. I owned that BJ7 for 35 years and I fully restored it myself. It broke my heart when I lost it. I replaced that car with a "restored" 1966 BJ8. I am making the new car mine by doing things such as installing an alternator, a much larger radiator, electronic ignition, converting to LED lights all around, converting the rear reflectors to brake and turn signals and so on. I am redoing all the things that were done incorrectly, doing the things that should have been done but weren't and redoing the things that were done poorly. You get the idea.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Hi Fred, happy to have you aboard! Note that I moved your post to a "new topic". You will find we have a great bunch of folks in our Austin Healey forum so be sure to pop in there too and say hello.

Basil