• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Men=mber Checking In

Polecat-13

Freshman Member
Hi Everybody,
I have recently regressed to my youth by purchasing a 1964 MGB - The year I graduated from High School. Later, as a young Marine Pilot I owned two MGBs in 1971. The first one which I ordered from England when I was overseas was smashed against the side of the ship during unloading in Boston Harbor - so I ended up trading the smashed one for a new one at Boston MG Dealer. That BRG MGB - lasted about 5,000 miles until I found a Lotus Europa at the MG Dealer in Havelock, NC where I was getting it serviced! So I went through that used Europa which I later traded for a brand new Black and Gold John Player Special Lotus......... Not all of the best decisions I have made.. So now, 50 years later I am back where I started - 1964 BRG MGB!
I will have lots of questions!
Thanks,
Hale Irwin

Attachments

• IMG_0358.jpg
    IMG_0358.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 18

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome aboard Hale! You will get all the help you can stand in our MG forum so be sure to pop in there also.

PS: Loks like this is a duplicate post, but the other doesn't have the picture, so I'll delete the other post.

Cheers,
Basil

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Welcome! and nice car, I really hope you don't have to smash it against a ship to make it official! :grin: