• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

T-Series dust extruder

saltiga

Have come to fitting the dust extruder for the clutch and brake pedals on a right hand drive td. i cant quite see how it fits. Is it under the gearbox cover? Also the gearbox cover is very close to the clutch pedal it will cut into the extruder if fitted this way. can anyone give pictures of the completed installation of this area? Thanks saltiga

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Saltiga - same problem here, until I discovered you have to disconnect the pedal linkage (under floor) to fit that cover. A friend took a short cut, and just cut the cover with a knife, slipped it down, then glued it back together.

Hope this helps.
Tom M.

OP
S

saltiga

Saltiga - same problem here, until I discovered you have to disconnect the pedal linkage (under floor) to fit that cover. A friend took a short cut, and just cut the cover with a knife, slipped it down, then glued it back together.

Hope this helps.
Tom M.

Thanks Tom The fitting over the clutch and brake arms is no problem that's easy to do, When the exturer gets to the floor with the gearbox cover on ,the extruder fouls on the gearbox panel where it is belled out, I assume this bell outis for the starter spring, also this belled out section where it meets the floor is only about a 1/16 inch clearance between this and the clutch pedal arm . If i fitted the extruder under the G/box then the belled out secton will foul the extruder What I need is a picture to see what is wrong or how to modify This is a quite different from the left hand drive models. Saltiga

OP
S

saltiga

Hope this helps.
Tom M.

Thanks Tom The fitting over the clutch and brake arms is no problem that's easy to do, When the exturer gets to the floor with the gearbox cover on ,the extruder fouls on the gearbox panel where it is belled out, I assume this bell outis for the starter spring, also this belled out section where it meets the floor is only about a 1/16 inch clearance between this and the clutch pedal arm . If i fitted the extruder under the G//box then the belled out secton will foul the extruder What I need is a picture to see what is wrong or how to modify This is a quite different from the left hand drive models. Saltiga

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Saltiga - just out of curiosity, where did you get the dust excluder? I've never even seen a RHD TD, so I can't picture the problem. I'm assuming you have the excluder plate as well as the excluder itself.

Wondering if maybe your excluder wasn't made for the RHD model, or your gearbox housing isn't original?

Take a look at this video on installation of an excluder on a RHD model.

Of course, there's no gearbox cover ... but you can reach Doug directly at:

info@fromtheframeup.com

OP
S

saltiga

Nutmeg/Tom. I bought the exrtuder from Moss UK in the moss parts the same extruder is for both lh/rh cars. I do have the plate as well . the g/box cover may be the incorrect one although all the screw holes align up perfectly The video of fitting the extruder I have seen and found it easy to put the rudder over the pedal arms , no need for the sleeves If I knew how to add a picture I would but I cant work out how to. the pictures tell the story can any one help me out here! saltiga

OP
S

saltiga

P1050887.JPGP1050887.JPGP1050888.JPGP1050886.JPG