• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Things that make me Happy Part 3

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Summer Music

Kool and the Gang is a favourite band of mine (likely a guilty pleasure) This is perhaps my favourite Kool and the Gang song - even though it is the most unlike Kool and the Gang's typical sound that I can imagine.

Summer Madness

Most summer songs have a more 'rural' feel - beaches, open air, that sort of thing. A few, and I think this have a very urban sound. In part I think because Jaz is by nature urban but, this song has always had a 'heat shimmering off the pavement, twilight lights' sound to it. (The Lovin Spoonful - Summer in the City is obviously similarly urban.)

I am also a Will Smith fan (yes, again guilty pleasure) and he sampled it - I quite like this version as well, but, in spite of the hip hop genre I think it is a much more suburban or small town summer song - aided in no small part by the video

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Then, last week, was driving and listening to my local jazz station which has a latin show Saturday afternoons. Heard this for the first time, Seu Jorge and Almaz, Everybody Loves the Sunshine. I listened to a few other of his songs which did nothing for me but even though he hasn't actually sampled Kool and the Gang as I listen to the background he has to be aware.

Obviously the moral of this story is that summer can't come soon enough and I can't wait to be cruising again.

What do you want to hear with the top down?

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag