Thread: READ BEFORE POSTING Please don't jut say "to make sign go away"

Hey New Members! This New Member Introduction Forum is where you can post an introduction message to introduce yourself to the group here!

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

READ BEFORE POSTING Please don't jut say "to make sign go away"

To new Members - Just a friendly note that we ask you to actually make a meaningful post and tell us ( a little) about yourself. We don't need your most intimate secrets. Just tell us about your British car(s) and anything else you'd like to share, like how long you've had your car, how you got into this crazy hobby, etc., plans for restoration, etc.

When I see posts that say "just want to make the sign go away," well, guess what - that post will get deleted and that sign will come right back. It's not like we’re asking for your back account number!
    “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.” - Oscar Wilde

Freshman Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: READ BEFORE POSTING Please don't jut say "to make sign go away"

Ok alot about me.. I have had rough life,, if my spelling is not correct I am sorry,, I have severe PTSD My first family 20yr 0ld wife ..2yr old and 6 month old baby burbed to death,, hence the PTSD,, this was a long time ago and all of a sudden it came back watching them burn it took 4 guys to hold me back,, toaday my wife has stage for cancer,, I have a 26 yr old son now and he is great,, got an AR-15 for Christmas ,, and when that happened to me I wnet off the deep end and rode with a group that is all I can say about that,, anyway..I put in 42 yrs as a Sr. design engineer..have 5 patents ,, for the green machines.. so getting to the cars I had a 1965 trump.. a 1978 trump,, and now I have a 1980 trump.. actuall the 65 was tihe best running one I had .. Ha..my 78 i i Got tbpone in an intersection and the car should of total the car but they cic not.. it have every optin,, hardtop evrything,, the guy who hit got of .. when my car come out od the body shop it was terrible..no decals runs in paint , bent rear spring,, it literrally moved the whole left car in6 inches including me ,, hot a pol and hygrant and a guy,, broke his leg..I now have the 1980 hence the questions,, just making sure and trying to remember my other issues on my cars..built harleys .. agian rode with the boys ,, travelrd all over on harleys and manage to stay out of truble..then i woke up one morning and I did not know where I was at,,in back yard of moms yard do not know how i got there..did alot of drugs and that was when I told myself i either get out or you are going to die ,, so i gave my haert to the lord,, but I have flashbacks and terror night mares,, my doctor told me mine were worse that the guys in vietnam...because of what happened I was supposed to go and i was ready but deferred..would of been on a tin can,, well that is enoughh I guess ,, i Aprreciate yous all help and enjoy my car even though it piisees me off some times,,you allt tak care and thanks,, Duane..

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Re: READ BEFORE POSTING Please don't jut say "to make sign go away"

Duane - first I am really sorry to hear about your past troubles. Can't even imagine. BUT....Glad you have you here for sure - you do sound like a true British Car guy!
    “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.” - Oscar Wilde