• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Get Smart cars

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I mostly remember the red Sunbeam Alpine (that evidently was re-badged as a Tiger for the show - and a friend tells me they even dubbed in the sound of the Ford V8 of a Tiger), but with this clip/series there was a Karmann-Ghia, Opel GT and more. Can't quite make on the first one in this video.
Had forgotten that there was more than the Sunbeam.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Hehehe... that was quick. Ah yes, the Ameritrade commercial. Good one.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Didn't remember the Chief's cars.

Great page of all the cars. Thanks. The same guy made a locations page: [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]http://www.wouldyoubelieve.com/WOM/gslocation.htm[/FONT]

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Adding... in our increasingly PC world (with many things now off-limits), the first episode of the show would never be allowed today. It's HILARIOUS.
"Leftie?" "Not the craw, the Craw!" [just a small bit here]

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I really enjoyed Get Smart. And I do remember the Sunbeam, of course, and the Opel, and probably the VW. the others, I'm not so sure of.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Wow - does that ever bring back memories.

Oh, how I miss TV of the 50s and 60s.

One of my favorite Phyllis Diller lines: "My oven is so dirty, I can only bake one cupcake at a time."

sigh

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Adding... in our increasingly PC world (with many things now off-limits), the first episode of the show would never be allowed today. It's HILARIOUS.
"Leftie?" "Not the craw, the Craw!" [just a small bit here]

One of the bizarre things we have with our Internet Cable (IPTV) is 24/7 channels - one of which is Get Smart. This was on and I had the same thought about not being allowed today.

1. The Oriental arm of Chaos (not even Asian) and

2. They kept kidnapping the wrong blonde Swedish princess because we all look the same to them - so silly.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
"2. They kept kidnapping the wrong blonde Swedish princess because we all look the same to them - so silly."

To be fair, with the exception of hair color, all white people do look alike.

Country flag
There was actually a Tiger, and an Alpine or two. The Alpine was used for the secret agent stuff like the cannon hidden in the hood trap door. While the Tiger was used for driving and interior shots. There were also one or more Alpines, probably damaged, used when they wanted to show a "wreck". I recall one that was a finned Alpine with no interior they used when Max supposed wrecked during a chase. Obviously, even if you didn't know the cars, not the same as what he took off in.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
There was actually a Tiger, and an Alpine or two. The Alpine was used for the secret agent stuff like the cannon hidden in the hood trap door. While the Tiger was used for driving and interior shots. There were also one or more Alpines, probably damaged, used when they wanted to show a "wreck". I recall one that was a finned Alpine with no interior they used when Max supposed wrecked during a chase. Obviously, even if you didn't know the cars, not the same as what he took off in.

And I figured they had to use an Alpine (later) so-as to make room for the machine-gun in the bonnet. :rolleye: