• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Tag issue.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
My tags come up for renewal next month.
I noticed that my TR3A was not included in the list of tags to renew. I contacted the tag office and asked about it. They could not find the tag number in the system. "Could I bring a photo of the tag when I come in"
Went into the office today and spent some time as they tried to find a record of my tag. They used the TR3As Vin number, Tag number, temporary tag number, my DL number, my SS number and my address with no luck.
They said that is the strangest thing. I do not know what would have happened if I had been stopped and the tag did not show up in the system.
They called up to Atlanta where the tag was issued with no luck.

At he moment they have launched an investigation into it. Lucky I have a few days left on my Ghost tag.

Must be a computer error.

David

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Database corrupted by stray neutron bombardment!!

...at least that's th' excuse I've gone to when stuff 'disappears' on a system. :wink:

D

Deleted member 8987

Someplace I just read about some other data that just went "POOF!" like that.

Latest Junior High hack....since the cops show up if they try their extortion scam....now they just delete your license.

What's that thing they do that gets folks shot by the cops?
Swatting?

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
They were able to reconstruct my Tag record so I am legal again. They had no explanation as to what happened. I have to send a copy of my insurance as that is not on record.

David

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
David - glad it worked out finally.

Say, doesn't your car's registration record show your tag number? Here in CT we're required to carry the registration record in the car; it shows ownership as well as the tag number.

Tom M.

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
When you say registration record I presume you are referring to the title. If you are that does not help as in Georgia they do not issue a new title for cars older than 1962. All that is required is a bill of sale.
I did have the tag receipt. That is the form that the sticker is printed on and it should be signed by the owner and kept in the vehicle.

They have probable lost all the old title records.

David

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
David - not the title, but the registration. We carry it in our cars here in Connecticut, to prove the plates (tags) are legal and current. Example:

Inkedregistration_LI.jpg

Last edited:
OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
We have a very similar form which we keep in the vehicle. I did have one for the TR3 but they had no record of it their end.

Several people at the Tag office said "that is the weirdest thing"

David

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Tom, why are you driving around with Richard Serna's registration? :single_eye:

I keep hundreds of registrations in my glove box, just in case ...

:devilgrin:

(Amazing that people will put so much private info on the 'net. The image is just one of thousands which turn up in various search engines. eek)

Edit: removed some info on the photo

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
NEVER carry a vehicle title in the car! If someone steals the car with the title in it, he can sell the car and pocket the money. Keep the titles in a safe place. If the car is financed or leased, the lessor/finance company keeps the title until the loan is paid off or you purchase the car off-lease.

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Picked up my tag today.
On the way out of the Government center I was chatting to the Deputy on the metal scanner about the tag issue. He said let me look in my computer. Sure enough it showed up so I am good to go.

David

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Picked up my tag today.
On the way out of the Government center I was chatting to the Deputy on the metal scanner about the tag issue. He said let me look in my computer. Sure enough it showed up so I am good to go.

David

So having talked to the deputy you are good to drive it like you stole it? :grin:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
So having talked to the deputy you are good to drive it like you stole it? :grin:

That's how he was driving it until he became compliant with the law.