• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Just met a BCF member

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I’m currently in Tucson. Rode my bike over to get a coffee and saw a beautiful Austin Healey. It belongs to BCF member dajamies.
It was a pleasure to meet Dave and his beautiful car.

7C62B72C-8000-4011-9B41-D936F4BD8ACF.jpg

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
As a side note there was a young girl and her dad exiting the coffee shop. Upon seeing the Austin Healey the little girl said β€œwhen I grow up I want a car like that”

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Hi Dave - I was just in the middle of making a reply to you about how to find the "Pub" but looks like you figured it out! Now that you have - don't be a stranger. By the way, what were you doing in Tucson?

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
It was also nice meeting you Dave. Your Austin Healey is certainly eye candy :encouragement:
Be sure to check out the Austin Healey section of the forum.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
It was also nice meeting you Dave. Your Austin Healey is certainly eye candy :encouragement:
Be sure to check out the Austin Healey section of the forum.

What Elliot said - we have a very active (and friendly) group of Healey enthusiasts here - you will feel right at home.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
:thumbsup:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Welcome aboard Dave, that's a beautiful Healey you have.

dajamies

Freshman Member
Country flag
Well lads, a wee update. Pam and I drove the Healey over 3,000 miles throughout AZ for two months. The virus resulted in us having to cut the winter get away by a month; so disappointing! We arrived home truck and car hauler to snow and freezing temps. This morning it is 28f and a high of 36f. Words are hard to explain how much we loved AZ; the places, back roads and the people we met were great. Will we go back ??? You bet; providing the borders are open and the vaccine well in place. I read that Conclave 2021 is in SoCal, food for thought. If anyone is considering a winter get away to AZ, drop me a line and I would be pleased to share our experiences.

Elliot, take care, be safe and hopefully we will meet again.

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Welcome back Dave. Sorry about the cold weather to greet you. We will be suffering similar weather here in PA. Cold rain mixed with snow. Please close that window up in Canada :highly_amused:
AZ was wonderful for me as well but it was too short a visit. I was there to officiate a large soccer tournament. I hope to be back next year and hopefully meet you and your beautiful green Austin Healey.
Stay safe Dave.