Thread: Incredible BE for sale, Calgary, Canada

Discuss the Austin Healey Sprite and the MG Midget. Two different but similar cars sometimes referred to collectively as the Spridget.

Jedi Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Incredible BE for sale, Calgary, Canada

Hopefully high-lighting this ad isn`t inappropriate. Bring A Trailer; bidding closes in four days. Note the kit-built Morgan three-wheeler in the background on one of the shots. I saw the car and met the owner abut three years ago, and my recollection is that it`s beautiful. And don`t salivate excessively at the list of work done to it and what it comes with - it`s a dream Bugeye. Doug
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...eye-sprite-47/
    1959 pristine 948 cc Bug-Eye; DCOE, 5 speed; bought 1971
    1960 BE bought 1971 & stored since; body tub restored and reassembling (1275; etc.)
    1962 AH 3000 BJ7; 3rd owner (1982?); in shop Oct. 2015 for paint job - home soon!
    1962 VW Meyers Manx clone dune buggy; stripped last winter and being reassembled
    1969 Kawasaki 500 H1 Triple, orig. owner; stored since 1973, but runs again! 1999 Buell S3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Re: Incredible BE for sale, Calgary, Canada

That really is a great car. Only thing I might wish for is a 5 speed. Should set a high bar for bugeye prices.
    Rick

Jedi Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Re: Incredible BE for sale, Calgary, Canada

SOld today for $ 25.5 k US. I figure the purchaser got incredible value (but I'm sure no expert). Apparently it's staying north of the 49th, and sets a record for price for the last four years at BAT: https://bringatrailer.com/austin-healey/bugeye-sprite/ Doug