• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Miami Weather Forcast - Chilly with a Chance of Falling Iguanas

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
You can't make this stuff up:

kron4.com/news/national/national-weather-service-warns-of-falling-iguanas-in-florida/

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8987

Weโ€™re sorry! The page you are looking for cannot be found.Please visit the home page or use the search box in the header above.

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Thanks - I don't know why I can't get those links to work.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
There's a story of some nitwit who thought they were dead, put a bunch of 'em in his car to take them for "disposal"... they warmed up in the car. He crashed.

Try 'splainin' THAT to the insurance company. :smirk:

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
It was 38 this morning in Venice. Worse, there was a cold wind. It got up to 61 in the afternoon. Supposed to be warmer tomorow. Two weeks ago, there was a record high of 85. Crazy weather is now the norm.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
It was 38 this morning in Venice. Worse, there was a cold wind. It got up to 61 in the afternoon. Supposed to be warmer tomorow. Two weeks ago, there was a record high of 85. Crazy weather is now the norm.

I've seen crazy weather as long as I've been alive. When I lived in Montana, it could get down to 20 below in the winter, but then some days were like spring. (We called it Indian summer)

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Well, hey, Snopes says it's "unproven" but 150 people are killed each year by falling coconuts.

This legend gained momentum after the 2002 work of a noted expert on shark attacks was characterized as saying that falling coconuts kill 150 people each year worldwide. This statistic has often been contrasted with the number of shark-caused deaths per year, which is around five.

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
Pocono Mtn ski areas are at about 20 degrees with great conditions for skiing. When I was growing up I hated winter so I spent the winter days in the garage wrenching on anything I could find. The after high school I started skiing. Some years ago I stopped skiing and remembered that I hate winter. Yesterday I went skiing again. Beautiful.

D

Deleted member 8987

Can't be upsetting folk's sensibilities now.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Ah, but the lockstep news folks want to CONVINCE us this is all new weather phenomena.
When I lived in the eastern Sierras, there was snow recorded in kept history in every month of the year.
When I lived in SoCal, we would get rains that put enough water in the streets my 27" Schwinn Super Continental had water to the axles when delivering newspapers.

It's all a Communist Plot.
Russkies, PRC and NK probably have satellites up that control weather.

Sorry this probably needs to go into the humor section then - or perhaps lock the thread

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
We don't have the infernal reptiles this far north, but the temps got perilously close to freezing. I hate winter. Mistakenly thought we were far enough south to escape it.

Found out while snow skiing in western PA I'm allergic to trees.

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
We don't have the infernal reptiles this far north, but the temps got perilously close to freezing. I hate winter. Mistakenly thought we were far enough south to escape it.

My sister lives near Monticello. She doesnโ€™t have any central heating system in her house. She only has a central metal fireplace with a metal hood in the Great Room. She only fires it up when she feels she needs it. So tough up Doc. Your in Florida for gosh sack. Iโ€™m still stuck in Pa.

Found out while snow skiing in western PA I'm allergic to trees.
Me too. Sorry I got stuck between your quote.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
David said:
So tough up Doc. Your in Florida for gosh sack. Iโ€™m still stuck in Pa.

Been here so long my blood's as thin as th' CAB I drink. We escaped da 'burgh back in '81. I'm now a natrualized Florida redneck.