• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Should I trade my Spitfire?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I suppose if your Spitfire looked like this it could be an even trade?

spitfire.jpg

PS Just checked - not far off an even trade - https://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/163134493/1945-supermarine-spitfire-mkxviii

a replica can be had for fraction

https://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/164835781/2014-supermarine-spitfire-mk26b

which you can also do with the Bugatti

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a29068727/bugatti-veyron-125000-mercury-cougar-for-sale/

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
It doesn't rattle, shake, click, tick or drip and it goes 200mph too fast. Nah

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
About the same HP as the early Spitfire.

Looks like he nearly got a ticket on his test drive.

David

I do recall the story (likely an urban myth) of the guy who got a speeding ticket in his lambo between the traffic lights in an intersection

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I do recall the story (likely an urban myth) of the guy who got a speeding ticket in his lambo between the traffic lights in an intersection

I have known guys (back in high school) who got tickets for "show of speed" or reckless driving for peeling out when the light changed green.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
A good number of those 500 will either be put on pedestals in climate controlled garages or abandoned on some Arabian desert road because it ran out of gas. Others smashed to shards someplace like the Pacific Coast Highway due to stupidity.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I may be the odd man out but if I were offered a straight across trade of one of those for a Spitty, I'd only take it because of the number of LBCs I could buy once I sold that monstrosity.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
These kind of cars are interesting,& to me,for bragging rights.
We have an Audi R8 that see driven regularly on the street.Most of these
rarely get driven,& are used just to impress the owner's friends. -
"You want to see my Chiron?"
I would never want to own one of those types of cars.You could
never drive it as it was intended to be,without having your license revoked.