• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The Eagles were right

maynard

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
3ebe2o.jpg

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
ā€¦ and they are likely texting each other. :p

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
When the wife needed, (?) to upgrade her T-Mobile phone, the upgrade came with two phones, so mine was upgraded also. :grief: Total waste for me as I use a phone to talk to people I want to talk to nothing else, actually it will usually run down before I use it! I asked if they could just upgrade my flip phone, the guy laughed!! Imagine that! :highly_amused:

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Had new small phone with slide out text panel. Did not want anything bigger. Had it in my pocket while cleaning vutters, when done had an inch of water in my pocket and phone was vibrating and wouldn't stop. Pulled battery and went to the AT&T store and was told I ruined my phone and had to upgrade. Bought ankther phone small and water proof if all externals were closed. 2 yrs later I plugged charger into the supposedly ruined phone and low and behold it worked. Went and made them give me ankther free #. Seems gold are the terminals and they didn't corrode as the wanted me to believe. Fortunately I have had to get one of the new portable tv phones that are too big for the pocket. Don't need all that to talk.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
When the wife needed, (?) to upgrade her T-Mobile phone, the upgrade came with two phones, so mine was upgraded also. :grief: Total waste for me as I use a phone to talk to people I want to talk to nothing else, actually it will usually run down before I use it! I asked if they could just upgrade my flip phone, the guy laughed!! Imagine that! :highly_amused:

Here's your upgrade Paul... :angel2:

oldphone.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I keep buying Motorola Razor flip-phones. It can make & take calls. No GPS tracking, no texting, battery's removable. Clients, friends and family have the number.

Been asked: "You're an I.T. guy, why don't you have a SmartPhone?"

My answer has been: "Because I'm an I.T. guy!"

Country flag
I'm unfortunately in the spot where I need to upgrade phones. I have a company phone so have to choose from the list they provide, which the free one is an Iphone 8. However, on the positive side no one so far has figured out how to get the service transferred from the old flip to the Iphone. Verizion, when following their directions gives me an automated message that they "decline to complete the transaction". The company telcom guys all say, just follow the instructions. Can't go into Verizion and work with someone, phone isn't technically mine. Actually, life ain't so bad...

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I have a smart phone but I went with the cheapest Samsung I could get. I keep the GPS features turned off and for my especially paranoid days, it has a removable battery I can just pop out.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Thanks for noticing. It is the first time I've changed my avatar in nearly eighteen years.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Thanks for noticing. It is the first time I've changed my avatar in nearly eighteen years.

Saw it when you changed. Thought it totally appropriate!

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
I keep buying Motorola Razor flip-phones. It can make & take calls. No GPS tracking, no texting, battery's removable. Clients, friends and family have the number.

Been asked: "You're an I.T. guy, why don't you have a SmartPhone?"

My answer has been: "Because I'm an I.T. guy!"

I completely understand Doc. I have said many times, " I always liked technology until I worked for a technology company." :cool: