• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New/old member

Jayplum

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
HI, I was a member but have not been active. When I was here I had a 69 TR6 which I took from a DD condition to winning best in class in multiple shows. I sold the car to a very good new home.
I now have a 1957 TR3 which is in pieces in my basement; my goal is to have it on the road by this summer at some point. Then get her up to the level of my TR6 within a couple years. Being retired, I hope to have the energy to do so.
I live in SW Virginia and belong to the local British Car Club.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Jay - welcome to BCF. Never had a TR6, but have good memories of my TR3.

Retirement sure feels great, eh? I got a chuckle from your "Australian camera" TR photo here back in 2015.

Looking forward to hearing of your future TR3 ride on the Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway.

Good to have you back.
Tom M.

OP
Jayplum

Jayplum

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Jay - welcome to BCF. Never had a TR6, but have good memories of my TR3.

Retirement sure feels great, eh? I got a chuckle from your "Australian camera" TR photo here back in 2015.

Looking forward to hearing of your future TR3 ride on the Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway.

Good to have you back.
Tom M.
Thanks, really looking forward to getting the 3 on the road. At times it looked very near. Then the tear down started and the affliction “while you’re in there” struck and the project grew exponentially.

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Good luck! Hope you remember where all the parts are and where they go.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Jay

Welcome back to the forum.

Did you take it apart or did it come that way? A great retirement project.

This is how I got mine.

David

Then.
TR3  on trailer.2015.jpg
Now
TR on the lawn.jpg

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
At least you know it is all there and where everything goes.
I had to search the POs basement for everything that looked like it was part of the TR3. Came away with 95% of it. It had been dismantled in the late 1990s then the project was abandoned.

David

OP
Jayplum

Jayplum

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Ouch. That’s both a lot of fun AND a Pain
Glad it’s working out for you.
I got lots of spare parts from PO but he had changed a lot of stuff: steering column, Rack and pinion, radiator with no crank hole, electric fan, Mallory diz, etc.
mine was driving though.