Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Embarrassing

Heard a good joke lately? Please share it with us. PLEASE KEEP IT CLEAN AND IN GOOD TASTE! If in doubt, don't post it!

  1. #1
    Administrator Basil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Turn left at Albuquerque
    Posts
    24,256
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    63
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    104
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

    Embarrassing

    Do you know what's more embarrassing than having 'Another One Bites the Dust' as a ringtone?

    Not putting your phone on silent at a funeral.
    “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.” - Oscar Wilde

  2. #2
    Luke Skywalker LarryK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Millstadt, IL
    Posts
    1,936
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    14
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

    Re: Embarrassing

    My , now deceased brother-in-law, was a missle expert for the US, and quite a jokester. He knew all his personnel had to have their phones on 24 hrs. One Sunday morning he called one of his buds and in the perfect gay voice, and scolded him about leaving his toothbrush on the counter. Come to find out, the bud was at church sitting in the middle of the congregation when the phone went off. Nevertheless, the next day of work, bro in law came out in the afternoon to go home (they are locked in a bunker all day) to find his Cobra replica filled with foam packing beads. He never did it again.
    Larry K
    58 Jag 3.4 MK 1 auto under restoration, 57 Jag 3.4 MK1 manual ,
    03 Cooper S, 2011 Cooper S Countryman, 2011 Land Rover LR4 HSE LUX, 1964 Valiant V200
    Also had , 68 Cortina 1600E, 64 Spit 4 & 80 1500, 73 GT6 3, 71 XJ6, 79 XJ6, 86 XJS V-12, 53 XK120 OTS.

  3. #3
    Jedi Knight
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    southwest Ohio
    Posts
    1,366
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    19
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

    Re: Embarrassing

    I've enjoyed a good joke. Used to work with this lady who loved to pull practical jokes. We were in different offices so didn't see each other more than a couple times a month. One year she pulled one on me, forget the exact circumstances, and when her birthday rolled around I had delivered to her office a big bundle of balloons, pink and blue balloons with on big silver one that said congratulations. Cards said, happy birthday, but guess what everyone else thinks.. Called to yell that every other woman in the office it seemed had come by to ask if she and her husband wanted a boy or girl. And she kept yelling, for me it was one of those laugh till you cry moments, which also wasn't seen then as funny.. Took a couple days, but she did decide it was pretty funny.

  4. #4
    Administrator Basil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Turn left at Albuquerque
    Posts
    24,256
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    63
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    104
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

    Re: Embarrassing

    Larry, you have a PM
    “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.” - Oscar Wilde

  5. #5
    Yoda TOC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Floe Ice, Antarctica
    Posts
    6,281
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    21
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

    Re: Embarrassing

    Quote Originally Posted by LarryK View Post
    My , now deceased brother-in-law, was a missle expert for the US, and quite a jokester. He knew all his personnel had to have their phones on 24 hrs. One Sunday morning he called one of his buds and in the perfect gay voice, and scolded him about leaving his toothbrush on the counter. Come to find out, the bud was at church sitting in the middle of the congregation when the phone went off. Nevertheless, the next day of work, bro in law came out in the afternoon to go home (they are locked in a bunker all day) to find his Cobra replica filled with foam packing beads. He never did it again.
    Basil: Larry, you have a PM


    NOW you're in deep doo-doo. Guess who filled his car with packing?

  6. #6
    Yoda John Turney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Concord, CA
    Posts
    3,764
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    53
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    35
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

    Re: Embarrassing

    Quote Originally Posted by TOC View Post
    Basil: Larry, you have a PM


    NOW you're in deep doo-doo. Guess who filled his car with packing?
    This is intriguing!
    John, BN4

  7. #7
    Yoda AngliaGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Roanoke,Virginia
    Posts
    8,841
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    11
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

    Re: Embarrassing

    I heard of a guy who worked at a funeral home -
    his t shirt said "I SEE DEAD PEOPLE".
    Just Remember.......
    NOBODY ever says "COOL PRIUS!"

  8. #8
    Great Pumpkin JPSmit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    18,773
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    60
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

    Re: Embarrassing

    Quote Originally Posted by AngliaGT View Post
    I heard of a guy who worked at a funeral home -
    his t shirt said "I SEE DEAD PEOPLE".
    clarks.JPG

    This is a funeral home I worked with when I lived in Hamilton. The more astute among you will have no doubt already realized their phone number is 383-dead
    John-Peter Smit
    1976 MG Midget
    1969 Vauxhall Viva GT
    1958 Fiat Multipla (Barn art)

  9. #9
    Administrator Basil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Turn left at Albuquerque
    Posts
    24,256
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    63
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    104
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

    Re: Embarrassing

    Quote Originally Posted by JPSmit View Post

    This is a funeral home I worked with when I lived in Hamilton. The more astute among you will have no doubt already realized their phone number is 383-dead
    Was that intentional or just a co-inky-dinky?

    By the way, back in the days of dial up internet bulletin boards, I ran a BBS with a number that spelled 505 CONNECT
    “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.” - Oscar Wilde

  10. #10
    Great Pumpkin JPSmit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    18,773
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    60
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

    Re: Embarrassing

    Quote Originally Posted by Basil View Post
    Was that intentional or just a co-inky-dinky?

    By the way, back in the days of dial up internet bulletin boards, I ran a BBS with a number that spelled 505 CONNECT
    I presume coinkydink. It was one of their competitors what pointed it out to me
    John-Peter Smit
    1976 MG Midget
    1969 Vauxhall Viva GT
    1958 Fiat Multipla (Barn art)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •