• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New AH Sprite owner and member

joey4420

Freshman Member
Country flag
Just wanted to introduce myself before I start asking questions or posting things other than the standard Hello.

My name is Joey, I am from the Cincinnati Ohio area and have owned way too many cars over the years and recently traded my 1974 Harley Davidson FLH for a 1968 Austin Healey Sprite. I think it was a good trade as I haven't ridden my Harley in 3 years.

After getting the Sprite in order to make in mine and prep it for spring and be able to drive it without any real issues I have gone through and upgraded a few items.

Okay, I am one of those people that tend to over upgrade.

LED Lights, complete vehicle
New Coil
New Electronic Distributor
New spin on oil filter adapter
New Aluminum radiator
New heater shutoff valve
New floats/needles and seats for the SU carbs
New bleeders for the front brake calipers (old ones had to be removed with vice grips)
Adjusted the parking brake cable
Cleaned the K&N air filter and re-oiled
Added battery hold down bracket
Added quick disconnect to negative battery cable
Brakes have been bled
Had exhaust bracket fixed as the pipe was hitting the suspension
Added new horns as there were none in the car
Car runs very nice, it does smoke a bit but I haven't put more than a few miles on it.

Things yet to be fixed:
Fuel sending unit (pretty sure I need to ground the sending unit)
Change the top as the plastic (vinyl) top has shrunk and doesn't snap any of the connections
I am sure I will find other items.

Pictures are the day I got it home. It is living in the garage now next to my Karmann Ghia.

IMG_1165 - Copy.jpgIMG_1164.jpg

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
quite a project - looks awesome! welcome