• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Just a Hello from a New Member

JemT

Freshman Member
Hi all just to say hello from the UK. I purchased a MK1 BN7 last year and have been spending the last months sorting it out ready for the summer. New tyres being fitted tomorrow. Only issue I am still not sure about is a little smoke at Idle. Oil pressure is 50-60 at 4000 RPM and this drops to 25 at Idle. Just fitted new valve guide seals which has improved the situation but still not a clean s I would like. Will use the car and get to know it over the summer and look at it again next winter.
These forums are a great help and I really appreciate the information that you all post.

My other cars are 1956 MK1 MGA Roadster and Porsche 993 Cab.

Attachments

• 11747995.jpg
    11747995.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 12

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello JemT

Welcome to the forum.

Great photo.

The AH section should be able to give you some advice on where to go next on the smoking issue. Oil pressure sounds about right.

David