• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

RIP - Neil Peart - Drummer from Rush

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
They made some some really good, original distinctive music, also reportedly did not fall into the easy temptations of touring rock band life (the two other activities often associated with Rock and Roll). Yet Keith Richards lives on and Neil Peart is gone.

Last edited:

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
A true shame. Drummer, lyricist, writer. His book Ghost Rider in particular is excellent. A real loss too young at only 67.

As a side note, one of my favorite Scotches is Macallan. Neil wrote about it in his books and I had to try it. Don't have any of it in the house tonight, but I'll get some tomorrow and tip a glass.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
O0jcsny.jpg

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
Growing up playing in garage bands when Rush was at the height of their popularity, Neil Peart was the measuring stick that we measured all drummers to. No matter what genre of music you played or preferred, everyone thought Peart was in a league all to himself.

Country flag
They made some some really good, original distinctive music, also reportedly did not fall into the easy temptations of touring rock band life (the two other activities often associated with Rock and Roll). Yet Keith Richards lives on and Neil Peart is gone.

Keith Richards isn't really human, I hear he's actually a space alien robot..

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Keith Richards isn't really human, I hear he's actually a space alien robot..

Our late kitty, Devon, lived to be about 22. In his final couple of years he looked so much like walking death that we too to calling him "Keith Richards."