• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New member here

Dressagell

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi everyone, Glad to be part of the Britishcarforum!! Since my retirement, my energy and money are spent on my British cars. I don't mind a project that I can improve and appreciate. Since I have a budget, I have purchased driver quality vehicles that I can enjoy while doing some improvements. When I am too old to drive these vehicles, I want to pass them on in a better state of condition.

Since I do most of the work on my vehicles myself, I look to the forum for information and advice.

Regards, Len

Last edited:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome! what are you working on/ driving now?

OP
D

Dressagell

Freshman Member
Country flag
my current project is a 1963 TR4 I bought last June from Iowa. The car had been with same family for 35 years but not driven in past 10 years. Many things were neglected such as motor mounts, window regulators, carburetors. Finally got it running but rebuilding carbs has taken me awhile since I have never done it before. Still reading and adjusting the jets and float chamber.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome aboard, Len! You will get al the help you need in our Triumph forum here!

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Len

Welcome to the forum.

The Triumph section is very active so you are sure to get plenty of tips, help and advice there for your TR4. I sent my carbs to Joe Curto in NY to have them rebuilt. Came back like new.

David