• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

For the first Time in Almost a Year

Country flag
I've come to the conclusion that other than at night and the occasional cold day someone didn't order winter round here. Supposed to be rainy and maybe close to 70 over the upcoming weekend. Not that I miss cleaning up snow, but sure is weird.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
My wife wanted snow shoes for Christmas (So she can more easily take our Husky for walks in snow covered fields). So I surprised her with a pair for Christmas. We can thus guarantee that we will hav eno more snow this year.

Country flag
Funny you mention that. I have a brother who lives in eastern New York and they've had more than their share of snow the last few winters, so as a joke I got him snow shoes so as I said, he'd never have to miss work due to it...

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I remember making snow shoes for something as a kid in first grade. We watched the entire procedure from start to finish to understand it and then were presented with some finished frames and laced our own snow shoes. I remember tromping around in the deep snow with my shoes on. Kinda makes me miss Colorado right now, SW Oklahoma is in the 60s today.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
May not be in the 60s tomorrow though. At least here they are forecasting up to 5 inches of the white stuff.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
May not be in the 60s tomorrow though. At least here they are forecasting up to 5 inches of the white stuff.

they are talking about a months worth of rain here tomorrow 1.5 - 2.5 inches

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Been raining here all day with thunder storms and tornadoes with flooded areas, temp dropping tonight turning to ice and snow ending Sunday evening, I hope! :disgust:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I

ain't

sayin'

nuttin'

:cool:

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Doc's just jealous of those who live farther north ...

Ski Iowa.jpg

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
We dodged a bullet here in the center of the state. Just got a light dusting of something frozen. High yesterday was 70 and the wind chill right now is 7 degrees. I may not go to the shop today.

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
I'm going to ignore the poke at Iowa and instead provide todays snow report from Whitefish, MT.

Summit (6,817 ft./2,078 m)

Overnight Snow: 6"/16cm
Settled Base: 95"/242cm
Total to Date: 134"/341cm
6am Temp: 16°F/-9°C
24hr Snow: 10"/26cm
7 Day Snow: 30"/77cm
Current Conditions: Snowing
Visibility/Wind: Moderate/SW at 4mph

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
And today's weather in Connecticut:

It's 62 degrees, sunny, and windy. Unbelievable for January.

New England weather isn't easily predictable.

Weather2.png

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
62 today as well. Took both cars out for some road work Both Alfa and TR6 ran well. TR6 had a direction signal out - turned out to be a loose ground wire. Clutch fluid was also down a bit. I have to say I enjoyed the TR6 more, rough ride and rattles notwithstanding. The Alfa is too civilized. Tomorrow a friend is coming over to help me put on new front shocks. I don't think it will make any difference. Thunderstorms are coming later tonight and rain tomorrow. Crazy weather.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I'm a believer that everything should be distributed equal, that's the reason we make sure we send everyone our weather when were done with it! :highly_amused: Tornadoes we don't send, their pretty independent, but everything else we do, it's only fair! 27 degrees here now, so get ready! :encouragement:

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
No thunderstorm today. After a brief morning shower, the sun came out, stuck around all day while the temperature climbed all the way up to 75 on my porch thermometer in the sun. It was more like late May then January. My expert friend failed to show - he was sick with the flu.

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Yesterday (my day off),we had a big wind & rain storm.
Today was sunny & hit 70 degrees.
I'll have Tuesday off,& it's supposed to rain (again).