• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

She Just Turned 18

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Nice kitty.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Makes me wonder where the 7 year to our one comes from. If that was the case, she'd be 126 years old! :rolleyes:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Cats don't age as quickly as dogs. I think the rule of thumb for them is 5:1.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Cats don't age as quickly as dogs. I think the rule of thumb for them is 5:1.

I heard it said that 5:1 is for small dogs... so maybe that fits for cats.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
She's a cutie.

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
After owning dogs for the better part of 26 1/2 years, my wife and I adopted a cat...our first one. Minerva (or as we call her Minnie) is a Russian Blue / Maine Coon mix. She has indisputable Maine Coon features, but is far smaller, maybe 8 or 9 pounds. Minnie was a rescue. She got picked up by the Amelia County Virginia Animal Control with a litter of three two-week old kittens. Minnie and her kittens were taken in by a rescue group. The kittens were quickly adopted. Minnie ended up with the daughter of a high school friend of mine as a foster. I saw the picture and showed it to my wife "What do you think?" My wife thought I was smoking something. Needless to say we got her. It was a bit of a rough start, but with a bit of patience and a lot of love, Minnie has really come around and blossomed.

Best thing I ever did in my 21+ years of marriage was suggest that we adopt Minnie!

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Nice, we love animals and have had a few over the years. Here's a pic of our cat and her buddy Muffin. Muffin has diabetes and we almost lost her 4 years ago, but the vet brought her back and after a year of constant care, shots twice a day with weekly vet visits, she was back on her feet. She lost sight in her left eye and 80% in her right, she gets around very well though. Here she just got a bath and ran from the wife, to "hide", as she knows she gets dried with a pet dryer and groomed, which she doesn't like! :highly_amused: It's amazing how love of a a pet can change and even control your life.
View attachment 61834

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
The big surprise for us was how much Minerva "fluffed up" once she became comfortable and was having a healthy diet. I thought we were getting a short haired cat, which was my preference. I guess I prefer longer haired cats now!

Minerva 08 21 19 #2.jpg
This was Minerva at the foster in August

IMG_0348.jpg
This is Minerva now. And she's even fluffier now that her winter coat has filled in.

charlie74

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Ours was a rescue at 1 yr old. He is 17 now but will be around for a while yet because all he has done over the years is move from one bed to another.

7BC3CCA4-A77E-44B2-B327-E57B009C0647.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Cats. Can't remember being without them. I've had dogs as well, but cats are 'low maintenance' by comparison. Most of ours lived at least seventeen years, one female Siamese made it to twenty-one.

Every one a different personality, all are missed.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Cats. Can't remember being without them. I've had dogs as well, but cats are 'low maintenance' by comparison. Most of ours lived at least seventeen years, one female Siamese made it to twenty-one.

Every one a different personality, all are missed.

We've (almost) alway had both cats and dogs. This little girl (Blue) would come around the house all the time, but one day it was very cold and snowing and she was outside on the back porch. I opened the door and she ran in. It's been just over a year. She's a very sweet personality and gets along with the other cat and the Huskey just great.

IMG_1762.jpg