• This "Local Events" forum is expressly for posting local events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Springtime in the Smokies! May 14-15

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Springtime in the Smokies, the annual gathering of European automobiles and motorcycles in Townsend, TN, will be held May 8-10 on the grounds of the Talley Ho Inn.

Join us in the shadow of the Great Smoky Mountains, as people from all over the southeast and beyond come together to show off their colorful paint, polished chrome and works in progress. Early registration is only $25 and includes the Friday night cookout (by April 15; $30 day of show).

Relax in the beauty of a Smoky Mountain spring. Come a day early or stay a day late and drive the Cades Cove loop, hike Laurel Falls, visit Sugarlands Visitor Center or wade in the Little River. OR, drive the newly completed Foothills Parkway, now offering 33 miles with some fantastic views. Here's a video of the opening ceremony, with some of the great views found on the new portion:

http://youtu.be/Nr9VoeUmomM

Also here, with some history: http://youtu.be/qzhr6M3YUx4

And pictures from last year's show, including some great drone shots: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=UjY2aEUwYmtpR2k1UWxmMmRhdWtDMkw1Rmw0SlR3

The car show is hosted by Blount British Cars and English Auto Society. Visit our websites for show details and registration information: https://blountbritishcars.org/annual-car-gathering/
or englishautosociety.org. Proceeds, after expenses, are distributed to several local charities.

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Regrettably, we have decided to postpone our annual meet due to the possible health risks with the Covid 19 outbreak. Will advise the new date as soon as possible.

Mickey

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
It's a shame Mickey, but that's the trend across the nation now trying to keep everyone as safe as possible. Seems like the main problem here is the younger set who ignores the warnings. I wonder how many cases will come out of the spring break gatherings due to the, I don't care attitude? Horrible situation! PJ

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
One large contributing issue is the age of most of the participants who frequent these shows. We're, for the most part, solidly in the post-65 age group - the ones at high risk. So even if we went ahead with the show in May, chances are pretty good that attendance would be way down.

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
NEW DATE!!

We've rescheduled the show for the weekend of July 31. (Summertime in the Smokies?) This will be a VERY informal show, something we decided to try out to see what the response might be; might as well do some experimenting No classes for different cars, no judging, and no prizes. Just a gathering of car nuts, with a couple of drives around the area. Would imagine the Tail of the Dragon will be included, along with the Foothills Parkway and several other great areas to explore.

Talley Ho Inn is still the location for the show and for lodging. https://talleyhoinn.com/

If you have any questions, contact me.

Mickey

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Well, we HATED to do it, but we've cancelled the show entirely for this year. Stay tuned for the announcement for next year's event!

Mickey

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Hey, Dale - I asked our club president just a few days ago, and it didn't sound too promising. Still waiting to see what develops with Covid, as Tennessee remains a hot spot. Not enough mask wearing here, I'm afraid. I will stay on top of it and report if anything changes.

In the meantime, if you happen to make it down this way, please let me know!

Mickey

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Will do, sir!

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Mickey-wouldn't think of driving that far if we couldn't see our only Townsend friends. Looks like most E. coast shows through mid year won't happen. Keep us posted.
OK - looks like our meet is back on! We're planning it differently this year - social distancing and masks encouraged strongly. But a major change will be as I mentioned in post #5 above. I'm anxious to see how folks like the more informal structure without awards. When I attended the last several shows with my car, I didn't bother to put the entry number on the windshield, as I wasn't interested in the voting.

Anyway, the date is May 14-16, with the "show" on Saturday morning. The Talley Ho Inn is still the site:
https://talleyhoinn.com/ We'll do some tire kicking on Friday afternoon and evening, fellowship around a fire both Friday and Saturday evening - hamburgers and hot dogs, perhaps.

As soon as I get more details about registration and format/events, I'll post here.

Any questions - let me know!

Mickey

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Springtime in the Smokies, the annual gathering of European automobiles and motorcycles in Townsend, TN, will be held May 8-10 on the grounds of the Talley Ho Inn.

Join us in the shadow of the Great Smoky Mountains, as people from all over the southeast and beyond come together to show off their colorful paint, polished chrome and works in progress. Early registration is only $25 and includes the Friday night cookout (by April 15; $30 day of show).

Relax in the beauty of a Smoky Mountain spring. Come a day early or stay a day late and drive the Cades Cove loop, hike Laurel Falls, visit Sugarlands Visitor Center or wade in the Little River. OR, drive the newly completed Foothills Parkway, now offering 33 miles with some fantastic views. Here's a video of the opening ceremony, with some of the great views found on the new portion:

Also here, with some history:
And pictures from last year's show, including some great drone shots: > Springtime in the Smokies 2019 <

The car show is hosted by Blount British Cars and English Auto Society. Visit our websites for show details and registration information: > Annual car gathering ā€“ Blount British Cars, Ltd. < or englishautosociety.org. Proceeds, after expenses, are distributed to several local charities.

OK - looks like our meet is back on! We're planning it differently this year - social distancing and masks encouraged strongly. But a major change will be as I mentioned in post #5 above. I'm anxious to see how folks like the more informal structure without awards. When I attended the last several shows with my car, I didn't bother to put the entry number on the windshield, as I wasn't interested in the voting.

Anyway, the date is May 14-16, with the "show" on Saturday morning. The Talley Ho Inn is still the site:
https://talleyhoinn.com/ We'll do some tire kicking on Friday afternoon and evening, fellowship around a fire both Friday and Saturday evening - hamburgers and hot dogs, perhaps.

As soon as I get more details about registration and format/events, I'll post here.

Any questions - let me know!

Mickey
Great news for us mid-atlantic folks looking for a trip south. Won't make a res @ Tally-Ho until I know for sure the dates are clear...Steph is pushing to go to OR to see grandkids as soon as the Civid scene is a littlle better.

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Will be sure to let you know about the dates!

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
OK - here's the notification - dates, contact info, etc.:

This will be an informal event, a casual gathering of British and European cars on the grounds of the Talley Ho Inn in Townsend TN. Friday evening, May 14, we will gather at a fire pit and have pizza. Saturday, from 10am - 3pm will be the display of cars. Then for those who stay over, we will gather again at the firepit for conversation.

No classes, no voting, no set parking rules; just sharing our enjoyment of British and European transportation. No entry fee, but a donation to help the local charities we usually support.

A block of rooms are set aside at the Talley Ho Inn - https://talleyhoinn.com/

Sponsored by www.blountbritishcars.org and www.englishautosociety.org

Mickey

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I went to their website,& it says that there no rooms available.
You also didn't post a price for the rooms.

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I went to their website,& it says that there no rooms available.Do
You also didn't post a price for the rooms.
Don't know how much the rooms are. Call them and tell them you're with the car show; they may have booked everything other than the ones we blocked.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Sorry I couldn't make it.Could you give us a daily report?
Pictures (with names of the people) would be nice.

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Hope it went well :smile: Nothing automotive happening here in Canada right now not for quite awhile yet, maybe even all summer... šŸ˜ž

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
So far British Iron is still having their show in Fayetteville Arkansas in October. One of my favorite shows, all British and all models. PJ

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
No pictures as of now - may have some posted later. There were some 70 cars, which surprised everyone - just about as many as our "regular" shows. We're seriously considering making this format a permanent change. Sure was nice not having classes and having to vote for favorites, and many who were here commented favorably.