• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Pale Primrose

bugeye59

Freshman Member
Country flag
I'm painting my 59 sprite Pale Primrose. Looking at Yl12 ppg paint. It looks very green, and help getting the color correct is appreciated

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Welcome to the forum and Pale Primrose does have a touch of green in it. I had a very difficult time matching it on my 1970 MGB, but finally got a good scan at the body shop. I’ve attached a link to one of the better color sites for our cars. http://www.teglerizer.com/mgcolors/index.html
Rut

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
I wouldn't describe Pale Primrose as very green, it is a light, almost creamy yellow, not bright sunshiny yellow or neon yellow like you see on a lot of modern cars. I had three cars that were PP back in the day and of course wanted them red or BRG, but now I think the color looks period correct and classy.

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
This color like a tangerine car I painted has a hue of lime green in the paint. If you put on at least two coats the green goes away. (at least it did on my car).