• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

1969 mgb roadster seat belts

Tesa

Freshman Member
Hi I'm new to this forum.

I have had had three British cars. An early Austin Healey, a 1962-3 mini and my present car a 1969 MK II MGB roadster. I started a 6 month restoration on the car 5 years ago and still going.

i have come across an issue though with the seat belts.

The seatbelts on the car don't bolt to the rear wheel arches but onto the rear shelf. I can't get the original belts or attachment parts here in Australia.

From what I can workout the original belt attachments allowed for easy removal and reattachment if needed.

I believe that the UK and North America used this belt arrangement.

Has as anyone resolved this problem? Are replacement parts available in the U.K.

Terry

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Hi Terry and welcome to the British Car Forum. For future reference you’ll get a better response if you post your question in the MG section of the forum.
I used a company in the UK when I needed seatbelts. Their website is: https://www.quickfitsbs.com/
Go to their “classic” section. If you don’t see what you need you can contact them as they are very helpful.
Good luck.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome to the BCF Terry! You might want to also pose your question in or MG forum - it's pretty active and you're more likely to get answers to specific MG-related questions there.

YakkoWarner

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Thanks for the replies

I'll post there in future
Terry

This will probably eventually be moved to the MG section but since its here I'll answer here:

I had the same problem with my 1970 - seat belts were disintegrated beyond use. The older MGB's use the rear deck clip-on belts because you have to unclip the belts to fit the cover over the retracted convertible top - the attachment bolts protrude through the cover and you clip the belts back on after fitting the cover.

Victoria British has the belts (part #15-211-BL) with ends and buckle fastner - I don't know how easy or hard it is to get them in your part of the world.