• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Odd port on my new laptop?

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I'd like to know what this odd (to me) port is for on my new HP laptop. I know some of you guys are savvy on this type of thing. The tab underneath is spring loaded and moves down to, (I assume) lock something in there?? :confused: PJ

View attachment 61704

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Thank You Tom! That's exactly what it is! Not knowing for sure, I didn't want to plug anything in it. I'm assuming because the computer is so thin, reason it's designed that way. Thanks again, you just made my day! :encouragement: PJ

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Always good to have your day made!

Say, do you have an owner's manual for the laptop?

Yes Tom I do, never thought of looking in it to see what that port was for, but I didn't have to, you answered my question! :applause:

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
An HP with an Ethernet and an HDMI port
WOW!

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
An HP with an Ethernet and an HDMI port
WOW!

It also has the newer smaller USB-2 port on the other side, I was told that the USB ports we all know are going to disappear in the future, probably so they can make more money selling us the adapters or equipment that fits the new sockets! :greedy_dollars:

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
All I have on my HP is 2 "C" Ports and 1 USB port