• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

1956 Race Poster

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
So, which one were you driving, Paul? :devilgrin:

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Well now lets be kind, I graduated high school 2 months after that race! Then joined the Navy for 5 more years of incarceration. :highly_amused:

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Brownie 127.

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
1956 was the last year for the Pebble Beach races.
The movie "Racing Through the Forest" is available on Amazon Prime and YouTube. Great old movie scenes.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
1956. Age 22, bought a new TR3. 1957, age 23. Raced the TR3 at Lime Rock and Thompson and a couple of hillclimbs. Ran out of money, tires and discovered I ain't ever going to be a real race driver. Sure was exciting though and like flying, I'm glad I did it. My racing friend Bart sent me a clipping from the New York Times from 1957 covering the time trials at Lime Rock. You can see I beat all the Healeys (sorry guys), MGs, Porsches, all Jaguars except Gordon McKenzie, a local hotshot...the clipping is attached. No it isn't. Too big and I can't resize it. I'll sent it to Basil. He knows about these things.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
The 'rents used to go to the Cumberland hill climbs. In '56 I was six and attended my first. Ruined me for life. :excitement:

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Basil did his thing and I will now try to post it here.

article_paul.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Paul - when you upload a picture, it will put it in the post as a small thumb nail. However, before you save your post, double click on that thumbnail and you will get a popup window that lets you resize to "large". I usually recommend selecting "Large" "Center"

View attachment 61633

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Remembering back a few years ago, I had problems trying to post pictures here also, but Basil came to the rescue and all worked out! Thing is, mistakes are inevitable, it's just that some are very expensive, like when you loose! :greedy_dollars:

View attachment 61638

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
My dad was 1.... you old farts!!!

:lol: Take heart, sonny... it seems likely you'll soon be among 'em! That "four-oh" is creepin' up on yer six. :wink: