• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New guy here

Panzerman

Freshman Member
Hello all, I joined as I inherited an Austin of England A???. The old girl has been sitting in a barn in Montana for many years and all I have is some rather poor pictures. I am trying to educate myself on these cars in hopes of identifying it once I am able to visit and collect the car in the Spring.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome aboard Panzerman! Hey, we're ok with poor pictures! What's it's overall condition?

OP
P

Panzerman

Freshman Member
Sorry to answer this on the forum but I could not private message you for some reason. I have not seen the car in person and I can't get back to MT until late spring, My Dad took the pictures of the 8 old cars and a truck that I inherited and sent them to me. He thought the Austin of England was interesting and in better shape than the ones sitting outside in the MT weather. The overall conditon looks pretty rough to my novice eye. Under what section would this picture and questions best be posted?

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Sorry to answer this on the forum but I could not private message you for some reason. I have not seen the car in person and I can't get back to MT until late spring, My Dad took the pictures of the 8 old cars and a truck that I inherited and sent them to me. He thought the Austin of England was interesting and in better shape than the ones sitting outside in the MT weather. The overall conditon looks pretty rough to my novice eye. Under what section would this picture and questions best be posted?

Well, you could post it here in this forum. Or...seince we don't have a forum specific to Austin, you could also post it in the "Other British" forum - but honestly here is fine (and for this kind of chit-chat you don't need to send a private message).