• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Ron - New Member

Ron Trottier

Freshman Member
Hi, I'm Ron from Windsor, Ontario, Canada, and own four TR4As ('66, '67 & '68 [with overdrive] IRS models and one '68 TR4A - live axle). I am currently restoring the first of my stalled project cars - a 1966 TR4A IRS - and have the car totally stripped down (including all wings, boot lid and bonnet off) and am currently ready to separate the tub from the chassis to start my first body-off restoration. I've been studying Roger Williams' Enthusiast's Restoration Manual and have been watching hundreds of YouTube videos to glean all the info I can. I'm really eager and excited and looking forward to learning more about the entire restoration process.

Cheers,

Ron

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Hi Ron - welcome to BCF. A stalled project? You mean a project where you're just taking your time ...

I've suggested something in your door strap post.

Tom M.

OP
R

Ron Trottier

Freshman Member
Well, a bit of both! I've owned my first '66 TR4A IRS since 1976 and its been sitting in my garage since 1977 when I totally rebuilt the engine. The other three cars (other peoples stalled projects) are ones I've purchased over the course of the last two years as either donor cars or secondary projects. I've since then acquired another two trailer loads of spare parts from other owners who had finished their project cars. I have thousands of new and used parts to pick from - including new rocker panels (inners and outers), new floor pans etc... and a whole load of refurbished parts as well as five engines (two rebuilt) and six transmissions. I'm keeping everything until I'm finished with all the cars I now have but am still on the lookout for a couple more overdrives and anything else I can pick up to assist in my restorations. My two youngest grandkids (10 and 8 years old) are chomping at the bit and have each already laid claim to one of them apiece. I've catalogued and rated all my parts and have a massive Excel spreadsheet listing everything I have and what bins they are located in. All this to say, I've been busy and am enjoying finally getting to work on my cars.

Cheers,

Ron