• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hey. I’m new.

MikesTR3

Freshman Member
Country flag
First car was a 1974 Midget, sold in ‘76. Next British was in 1992, a basket case 1957 MGA. Never finished, finally sold on eBay to the Angie’s List guy.

Currently working with newfound enthusiasm on a 1959 TR3, a true barn find. Returned from school to work in my hometown in 1984, made friends with Mike. He took me to an outbuilding to show me, proudly, his running-but-needs-work TR3. Sadly he died in the spring of 1985. Fast forward to 2018 when i ran into his daughter in a restaurant. We started talking and she said “I’m going to sell Dad’s Triumph.” I couldn’t believe she still had it, 33 years later. I went to see it. It was still in a building, with 1985 plates. Bought it.

On the forum currently because wiper motor is driving me crazy and trying to get horns to work.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome to BCF! I assume your forum name is because you now have “Mikes” TR3? So what do we call you?

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello MikesTR3

Welcome to the forum.

You will find the Triumph section is very active so you are sure to get plenty of help there for your TR3 project.

Post a few photos of your TR3.

David

OP
M

MikesTR3

Freshman Member
Country flag
cool mgbgt(?) - I don't know how long you've been around (I'm 61) I bought my first car, a 1974 MG Midget from Bob Bell Pontiac in Salem