• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Sometimes life is reality TV

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
SWMBO and I are in Florida (near Disney) for a couple of weeks. After Ontario, SWMBO's greatest desire was to get her car 'properly' cleaned inside and out. Took it to a local place (Kissimmee) to a place with a good online reputation. Indeed they did an amazing job on the car.

However while waiting, the supervisor tells one of the employees to re-vacuum the carpet he was working on. Guy slams down the vacuum, says 'no one is telling me how to vacuum a car' - quits, grabs his backpack and walks away. Of course the supervisor is slightly embarrassed but OTOH it ain't exactly the brain trust of the neighbourhood if you know what I mean.

Work continues apace. Now what would be the odds that the guy with the car key in his pocket would be the guy who quit. Oh yes! :rolleyes:

Took more than an hour to resolve - supervisor chased after the guy to find him - but couldn't. Then took an Uber to the guy's house (Supervisor was the guy's landlord and doing him a favour to get him some income). Still couldn't find him. So, I called SWMBO to take an Uber to bring the other keys.

Of course she was no more in the Uber than the guy shows up - very apologetic - he had gone to buy smokes, reached into his pocket and voila.

And of course the supervisor also had to call his boss.

So a few hours later, free car detailing, free Uber - and away we go. Quite a morning!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Not to worry, Florida has plenty of Keys :cool:

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
If you're coming through Roanoke on your return,get
a hold of me - we have a spare room.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold