• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Sick washing machine

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Our all-electric Whirlpool washer will not advance past the first cycle. There is no mechanical timer on the front. I an't work on the thing because there's no room to work as the machine fits into a space barely wide enough and is opposite the dryer. How they got it in there I don't know. I don't even know who to call to fix it. It replaced another machine about 3 years ago.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
good luck! - google, youtube, and a tube of KY? :grin:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
This thread reminds me - my 15 year old front loader Kenmore (probably a re-badged Whirlpool) needs a new bearing! Been threatening to replace it for some time now but other things been getting in the way. Found a YouTube video that walks you through the entire process and actually doesn't look that had (but I'll probably need to take it out in the garage to have enough room.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Dig around and find a service manual that suits your model. They are usually designed to be taken apart with very little room to work in, beyond that required to operate the machine. Top-loaders, for example, usually have catches hidden in the seam, that allow the top cover to pivot up just far enough to access screw heads hidden inside.

My front-loader was more complicated, as the seal had to be removed from the panel and there were a few screw heads hidden both under the seal and inside the door for the pump filter. But the whole front panel came off more or less vertically, and gave good access to the electronics boards and such.

In my case, it was showing an error code that indicated the pump was bad (so I didn't mess with the electronics). I couldn't find anything wrong with the pump; it ran fine on the bench and the impeller appeared to be in good condition. But, a new pump made the error code disappear and it's been working ever since.

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
I don't even know who to call to fix it. It replaced another machine about 3 years ago.

Call the same store you bought it from 3 years ago and let them deliver a new one and install it. Sit back a watch with a bourbon and water. :encouragement:

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Replaced the mother-board on ours a couple of years back (refrigerator too).

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I need to replace the rollers in my dryer soon, at least it is still a simple job.

OP
P

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Repairman came and went. It was a clogged inlet filter. (We have a well). He broke out the old one, installed the new one and we got and paid a bill for $200.00. One problem - the valve could not be shut off so he had to work with kinked hoses. They were steel armored. Not easy. I'll have to get a new valve but I can install it myself according to videos. I'll have to shut the water off at the inlet in the cellar and hope the system drains so that I don't get a flood when the hoses come off the valve. This unit is in a corner of the kitchen opposite the dryer. He had to tilt it forward to work on it.