• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What could go wrong?

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 11.28.33 PM.jpg

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Just a culling of the herd. Or, no brains, no headaches.

Country flag
Saw a guy around the corner from me once doing something similiar. Only it was in the driveway thay sloped down, so he'd parked at the top, had the rear wheels on the pavement and the front end 4ft or so in the air to make it more or less level. So if it had shifted, not only would it have fallen on him but rolled downhill. So a kind of twofer if the 2x4s failed.

D

Deleted member 8987

I saw stuff like that in person. Puerta Lleras, in Meta province, Colombia. Right there in the dirt road next to a building.
Just down the road (dirt) from where we lived in Lomalinda.

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Saw a guy around the corner from me once doing something similiar. Only it was in the driveway thay sloped down, so he'd parked at the top, had the rear wheels on the pavement and the front end 4ft or so in the air to make it more or less level. So if it had shifted, not only would it have fallen on him but rolled downhill. So a kind of twofer if the 2x4s failed.
At least he had the rear wheels (the ones with the parking brakes) on the pavement.

70herald

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
A few years back two idiots near were I grew up had a noise coming out of the drive train of their pick up truck. So one idiot lay down under the truck so his friend could drive back and forth to find were the noise was coming from. This obviously doesn't end well and unfortunately for both of them there was apparently tough competition for the Darwin awards that year so the only official recognition of their stupidity was in the police records.