• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member in North Carolina

lotsats

Freshman Member
I’m in the Raleigh, NC area. Sometime in the late 1980’s, I vowed to never own another piece of junk British car again. My first car, in 1964, was a Bugeye Sprite. My parents came home from vacation and found me rebuilding the engine in my little Brother’s Radio Flyer wagon in my bedroom. That was followed by a Triumph TR4, Austin Mini, two Lotus 7s, two Europas, and an Elan, plus several European exotics. In the mid 80’s, I shifted over to Model T Fords and eliminated all sports cars from my diet ——————- got tired of fixing things all the time!!!!! Then —————— in 2005, I bought a new Mini, then a Jaguar E Type, and now ———————- there are a 66’ Mini Cooper, 60’ Bugeye Sprite, 60’ Lotus 7 vintage racer, and an 84’ Caterham in the shop, plus an eclectic collection of other things. Last Winter, I built a hot Bugeye 1275, and a race engine for the Lotus. There is a collection of Spridget parts in storage. Worst of all, I didn’t even drive the Model T this year. Apparently, an LBC addiction is like alcoholism. Even after you quit, you’re still an addict. On the other hand “he who dies with the most toys wins”!!!!!

Last edited:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
You're don't doing to good with those resolutions! :congratulatory:

Welcome to the BCF!

Last edited:

dklawson

Yoda
Greetings from Durham. Welcome !

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
L

lotsats

Freshman Member
Well actually, my regular driver IS a cool plug in Prius Prime. It’s the most technologically sophisticated car I’ve ever owned, and comfortable, and reliable, and safe, etc. Of course, my eclectic collection also includes a Porsche 911 Turbo and a NASCAR Dodge racer so it is possible to go a bit faster if desired.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Well actually, my regular driver IS a cool plug in Prius Prime. It’s the most technologically sophisticated car I’ve ever owned, and comfortable, and reliable, and safe, etc. Of course, my eclectic collection also includes a Porsche 911 Turbo and a NASCAR Dodge racer so it is possible to go a bit faster if desired.

I'll bet you get more "cool car" comments on your 911! :cool-new:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Sorry - wasn't dis-ing the Prius. I have several friends who own them and are quite happy with them.

OP
L

lotsats

Freshman Member
No apology necessary. I wasn’t offended. Actually, thinking more about it, the cars that get the most attention are the Caterham and Bugeye Sprite. I suspect it’s because there are Porsches everywhere. Heck, you can buy a whole yard full at any given time on Craigslist. Most people have never seen a Bugeye or a Lotus 7 (Caterham). I can’t even count the number of times I’ve said to a kid’s parent “would you like to take a picture of him/her sitting behind the steering wheel”. I get a much bigger kick out of doing that than talking to someone who is star struck over a Porsche. Also, while the Porsche is fast, it’s also a finely engineered, comfortable car. Great for a long road trip or maybe for a track day. Really nice and easy to drive, but not too thrilling to me when driving around town. On the other hand, a 1200 pound Caterham with 150 hp takes someone who really needs to, and enjoys, paying attention to what’s going on every second. You’re really one with the machine, even if just driving to the grocery store. If you want to feel like Jim Clark, this car will do it every time.

pbraun

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
Hi from Southport, NC