• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Boot floorboard?

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
The 100 did not have any floorboard under the loose-laid Armacord.

Was this the case in all of the later six-cylinder cars or did they all have a wooden floorboard over the tank (and under the Armacord...)?

If so were there hinged flaps in the floorboard to give quick access to the small areas to the left, right and behind the tank or was it simply one piece of plywood with "recesses" in the Armacord for these areas

steveg

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
On my BN6, I have a Moss replacement trunk interior. It has an Armacord-covered plywood flat floor with a trap door on the left side, where the jack and toolkit fit between the left frame rail and the fender.

screenshot.2003.jpg
screenshot.2002.jpg

Rob Glasgow

Jedi Knight
Country flag
My 1960 BT7 did not have any plywood between the tank and the armacord. The armacord just lays on top of the tank and tucks down into the open areas on both sides of the tank.
i do like look clean look of the two seater floor.

RAC68

Darth Vader
Michael,

My BJ8 Phase 1 did not have wood under the Armacord. The cover was laid over the tank and loosly flapped over forward (nearest bumper) portion of the tank as well as over the frame and jack space. The floor cover is secured by the in-position spare tire only and can be easily removed. All sides (back, front and sides) are glued.

This is the way it was when new and this is the way it is today. However, as Steve's
Armacord arrangement is different, and mine is a 4-seater. I can't say all models are the same.

Ray(64BJ8P1)

DerekJ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Steve, there was no wood under the armacord and no flap on the 100-Six. The armacord sits on the tank and folds down into the recess. The 3000s were the same. BJ8 maybe different.

steveg

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Steve, there was no wood under the armacord and no flap on the 100-Six. The armacord sits on the tank and folds down into the recess. The 3000s were the same. BJ8 maybe different.

Derek,
The BN4 and other 4-seaters do not have the wood boot floor; the BN6 and BN7 2-seaters have the wood floor. Refer to Clausager, pp 74-75 for comparison pix.

Country flag
I cut a piece of thin plywood over the fuel tank to protect the tank and connections. No good reason except I had a some scrap wood.

BN6

Derek,
The BN4 and other 4-seaters do not have the wood boot floor; the BN6 and BN7 2-seaters have the wood floor. Refer to Clausager, pp 74-75 for comparison pix.

My 1958 BN6 100/6 - 2 seater also has the same wooden floor as Steve's

IMG_6555.jpg

OP
Michael Oritt

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Thanks all--I guess the rule is that two-seaters (subsequent to 100's) had floorboards whereas four-seaters did not.